Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Eidolon issue

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 2, 2011
      Hi David,

      Does http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-250 or
      http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/NEWTAG-32 cover your case?

      On 18 October 2011 16:30, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > PCGen 5.17.8, PF Core and APG loaded.
      >
      > Trying to create a summoner which goes well.
      >
      > When I add the Eidolon (biped), I get the two following popups:
      > 1) Warning: Could not add equipment: Claws (Natural/Primary). Check
      > loaded campaigns.
      > 2) Warning: No longer proficient with following weapons(s): Claws
      >
      > If I add the Bite evolution, when I reload I also get the same two
      > messages but for Bite. Also, the Claws show equipped as Natural-Primary,
      > but the Bite shows equipped as Carried (although the numbers on the
      > output sheet are correct).
      > --
      >
      > -- david
      > Papa.DRB
      >
      > My better half and me (jpg)
      > <http://mysite.verizon.net/vze16ni4g/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2011
        250 - No. 32 - Not sure, but I do not think so. I just checked with
        5.17.9 and the latest SVN data for Paizo and the error still pops up.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 2, 2011
          OK, guess it's best to raise a separate bug then - K

          On 2 December 2011 15:03, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > 250 - No. 32 - Not sure, but I do not think so. I just checked with
          > 5.17.9 and the latest SVN data for Paizo and the error still pops up.
          >

          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > My better half and me (jpg)
          > <
          > https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>

          > On 12/2/2011 8:49 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
          > > Hi David,
          > >
          > > Does http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-250 or
          > > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/NEWTAG-32 cover your case?

          > > On 18 October 2011 16:30, David R. Bender<Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
          > >
          > >> **
          >

          > >> PCGen 5.17.8, PF Core and APG loaded.
          > >>
          > >> Trying to create a summoner which goes well.
          > >>
          > >> When I add the Eidolon (biped), I get the two following popups:
          > >> 1) Warning: Could not add equipment: Claws (Natural/Primary). Check
          > >> loaded campaigns.
          > >> 2) Warning: No longer proficient with following weapons(s): Claws
          > >>
          > >> If I add the Bite evolution, when I reload I also get the same two
          > >> messages but for Bite. Also, the Claws show equipped as Natural-Primary,
          > >> but the Bite shows equipped as Carried (although the numbers on the
          > >> output sheet are correct).
          > >> --
          > >>
          > >> -- david
          > >> Papa.DRB
          > >>
          > >> My better half and me (jpg)
          > >> <http://mysite.verizon.net/vze16ni4g/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>
          > >> Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith (video)
          > >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu7jGYzS_A>
          > >>
          > >> Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.
          > >> For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't
          > >> believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 3, 2011
            http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-482 created. Thank Kar,

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            My better half and me (jpg)

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 3, 2011

              That should be a code bug. I think it's an order of operations. It only happens when you have a
              template granted by an ability.

              On 12/3/2011 8:11 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
              > http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-482 created. Thank Kar,
              >
              > -- david
              > Papa.DRB
              >
              > My better half and me (jpg)

              > On 12/2/2011 11:14 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
              >> PCGen 5.17.8, PF Core and APG loaded.

              > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
              > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 3, 2011
                moved to: http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1125

                -- david
                Papa.DRB

                My better half and me (jpg)

                On 12/3/2011 2:44 PM, Andrew wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > That should be a code bug. I think it's an order of operations. It only happens when you have a
                > template granted by an ability.
                >
                > On 12/3/2011 8:11 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
                >> http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-482 created. Thank Kar,
                >>
                >> -- david
                >> Papa.DRB
                >>
                >> My better half and me (jpg)
                >> <https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>

                >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu7jGYzS_A>

                >> On 12/2/2011 11:14 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
                >>> PCGen 5.17.8, PF Core and APG loaded.

                >> --
                >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              • riffraff_oger
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 26 5:06 AM
                  Hi, I have the exact same problem, not being able to create an Biped
                  Eidolon because of these errors. Currently use 5.16.4.

                  What do I have to do to be able to create the eidolon correctly?
                  Use newer version of PCGen? User special lst files?

                  > That should be a code bug. I think it's an order of operations. It
                  only happens when you have a
                  > template granted by an ability.

                  > > On 12/2/2011 11:14 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
                  > >> PCGen 5.17.8, PF Core and APG loaded.

                  Check
                  Claws

                  Natural-Primary,
                • riffraff_oger
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 27 7:43 AM
                    Adding the following line entry to the file "my_equipment.lst" (and
                    described issue.
                    Claws (Natural/Primary) PROFICIENCY:WEAPON|Claws
                    TYPE:Weapon.Natural.Melee.Finesseable.Bludgeoning.Slashing.Double
                    COST:0 WT:0 CRITMULT:x2 ALTCRITMULT:x2
                    CRITRANGE:1 ALTCRITRANGE:1 DAMAGE:1d4
                    ALTDAMAGE:1d4 SLOTS:2 WIELD:Light MODS:NO
                    SIZE:M BONUS:WEAPON|ATTACKS|1 SOURCEPAGE:S.1111
                    I need to check some more, but at least the claw attacks now show up
                    with correct values.

                    --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "riffraff_oger" <i@...> wrote:

                    > Hi, I have the exact same problem, not being able to create an Biped
                    > Eidolon because of these errors. Currently use 5.16.4.
                    >
                    > What do I have to do to be able to create the eidolon correctly?
                    > Use newer version of PCGen? User special lst files?
                    >

                    > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew drew0500@ wrote:
                    > > That should be a code bug. I think it's an order of operations. It
                    > only happens when you have a
                    > > template granted by an ability.

                    > popups:
                    > Check
                    > Claws

                    > same two
                    > Natural-Primary,
                    > on the

                  • riffraff_oger
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 7, 2012
                      The remaining issue is that it only works if feat prerequisites are not checked. Somehow the variable EidMaxAttacks is a problem.
                      As far as I can see in the classes lst file there the variable is poorly set up over the levels. Lots of entries seem missing and wrong.
                      I do not know how to correct this.

                      If this newsgroup is not dead some feedback would be appreciated. :-)

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 7, 2012

                        Monty Python Quote "I'm not dead yet!"

                        No, these groups are very much alive and kicking.

                        Okay, so something is broken. And the previous folks weren't able to solve the issue, so I guess
                        that means you get the old experienced monkey to look at it.

                        To save me time, are you using the latest alpha version, or you still using 5.16.4?

                      • riffraff_oger
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 12, 2012
                          Hello,
                          good to see this is not Zombieland. ;-)

                          As I posted below I am "still" using 5.16.4. Generally I believe that using Alpha versions is not best practise when searching to solve bugs. If you tell me it is wrgt PCGen then I will switch happily.

                          Is there any way to check in PCGen what the current value in a variable is?

                          Any help would be good. The summonar class defintion in the lst file really looks weird regarding this variable.

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 12, 2012
                            PCGen 5.17.10 is darn near rock solid and complete. 5.17.11 and forward
                            uses the new UI, but is missing a few things and has a few issues.

                            Using a separate directory, please try with 5.17.10 and see if that
                            clears up the problem. If not, please post the details again. Thanks,

                            In 5.17.10, Debug, Console, Clear, then put in the variable you are
                            looking for and "get" it.

                            -- david
                            Papa.DRB

                            My better half and me (jpg)