Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Coding Boon Companion feat (PFRPG)

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10 12:50 PM

      Ah, I see. Yes, knowing which class get's it and such...

      Oh, and then there is the which animal or familiar gets it if you have more than one. Very tricky.

      Aside 1 looks like it would work just fine with a tweak

      Complevel set the Companion Level from the master, which is set by class/ability.

      The feat seeks to determine the difference between Total Level and Companion level to determine any
      difference, and grant up to 4 levels to the Companion level.

      The program might not loop, it might. Only way to find out is to test it. Might need to rebuild it -
      which wouldn't be too hard.

      Feat would be:
      DEFINE:BoonCompanionBonus|0 BONUS:VAR|BoonCompanionBonus|max(4,TL-CompLevel)

      Class would still be:
      DEFINE:CompLevel|0 BONUS:VAR|CompLevel|CL
      and you'd have to add - DEFINE:CompTotalLevel|0 BONUS:VAR|CompTotalLevel|CompLevel

      The CompanionMod file would be altered to:

      CompTotalLevel would be bonused by both the BoonCompanionBonus and CompLevel. Which avoids the
      looping issue. However, the next part makes this a bit trickier, you want to exclude one companion
      from the bonus.

      The way you do that becomes a complicated mess - hopefully it doesn't come up. I fear some code work
      in the companions area is needed to implement a graceful solution.