Trouble with ADD:ABILITY and loading saved files. I think.

  • distant_scholar

      I'm working up coding the aegis (for Pathfinder, Unlimited Possibilities), and it has an ability where one can choose a craft skill and get a bonus on it.

      In order to trigger the chooser, I used this tag in the class file:
      ADD:ABILITY|Special Ability|NORMAL|Craftsman ~ Aegis

      The ability looks like this:
      Craftsman <> KEY:Craftsman ~ Aegis <> CATEGORY:Special Ability <> TYPE:SpecialQuality <> DESC:You gain a +%1 bonus to one craft skill of your choice.|CraftsmanBonus <> SOURCEPAGE:p.4 <> CHOOSE:SKILL|TYPE=Craft <> BONUS:SKILL|%LIST|CraftsmanBonus <> DEFINE:CraftsmanBonus|0 <> MULT:YES <> STACK:NO

      The ability shows up in the saved file as this:
      CLASSABILITIESLEVEL:Aegis=2|HITPOINTS:6|ADD:[ABILITY:Craftsman ~ Aegis|CHOICE:CATEGORY=Special Ability&pipe;NATURE=NORMAL&pipe;Craftsman&pipe;Craft (Blacksmithing)]|SKILLSGAINED:7|SKILLSREMAINING:7

      What am I doing wrong? How can I get this to work and be able to save the results?

      It seems silly to add an ability category for this, but maybe I'll have to...
    • distant_scholar
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 29, 2011
        Oh, I also just found this line in the save file, in the middle of a bunch of USERPOOL lines:
        ABILITY:Special Ability|TYPE:NORMAL|CATEGORY:Special Ability|KEY:Craftsman ~ Aegis|APPLIEDTO:Craft (Blacksmithing)|TYPE:SpecialQuality|DESC:You gain a +%1 bonus to one craft skill of your choice.&pipe;CraftsmanBonus