Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Regions

  • Lee Dowd
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 17, 2011
      Since it's already been done once I thought I'd look at how it was implemented and copy that.  However I can't seem to find where or how it was implemented.  I checked out a few files that I thought might contain it then I searched the data directories for any file with the word "region" and it came up blank but the choice appears in the "Background" subtab of the "Feats & Abilities" tab.  Can anyone suggest where I should look?

      Thanks,
      Lee

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 17, 2011

        Quick search turns up:
        Guide to the River Kingdoms - abilities file which tie to the Template file
        Pathfinder Campaign setting - abilities file which tie to the Template file

        Pretty much all the adventure paths have the same thing.

        Here is a sample:

        Ability:
        Absalom NAMEISPI:YES CATEGORY:Background TYPE:Region VISIBLE:DISPLAY DESC:City at
        the Center of the World TEMPLATE:Regional Affinity (Absalom) SOURCEPAGE:p.54

        TEMPLATE:
        Regional Affinity (Absalom) VISIBLE:NO SOURCEPAGE:p.54 REGION:Absalom

        Cheers,

        On 10/17/2011 4:11 PM, Lee Dowd wrote:
        > Since it's already been done once I thought I'd look at how it was implemented and copy that. However I can't seem to find where or how it was implemented. I checked out a few files that I thought might contain it then I searched the data directories for any file with the word "region" and it came up blank but the choice appears in the "Background" subtab of the "Feats & Abilities" tab. Can anyone suggest where I should look?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Lee

      • jonathan Arnold
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 22, 2011
          I can't help with the regions but with the Languages you would have make your own .lst file with them and then make/mod the race.lst to associate the languages to the races