Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: ability categories

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 14, 2011
      Hi,

      On 10/14/2011 5:12 AM, FerretDave wrote:
      >> Notice the ABILITYCATEGORY and CATEGORY match, that's a true CATEGORY. If they don't match then the
      >> ABILITYCATEGORY is just a child of the CATEGORY or known as an ABILITYPOOL.
      >>
      > *THIS* is the crux of it.
      > This is my misunderstanding of this then. We're talking 'abilities' as a general topic, and abilities have a CATEGORY parameter. It's the parameter 'ABILITYCATEGORY' that has caused my confusion, as that is defining the ABILITYPOOL... it would be clearer if this parameter were actually called ABILITYPOOL?

      There was a discussion to separate the two functions, but there is also a school of thought - if it
      ain't broken...

      There is also a discussion of separating the functions of PRExxx and a new REQxxx, as PRExxx does
      both. Yes, the designer is our Arch Lead, who's been absent from the project for almost a year -
      makes it hard to get progress with that stuff without the one able to implement it around.

      >> I have a class on this around here somewhere that explains it fairly well.
      > If you've a link to that, I think I need to read through it thoroughly.

      http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/content/outofcycledatasets/5160_pcgen_4e_starter_set/docs/sourcehelp/4e_docs/?view=tar

      enjoy.