Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Help with Shield Ward feat

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011
      Hi,

      Those trackers were moved to jira.pcgen.org.

      Not out of luck ;) Just need to see if anything has been done with them.

      On 9/7/2011 1:09 PM, razajac wrote:

      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> I don't believe you can get the Shield AC as a variable. There might be a method, but I can't recall
      >> what the outcome of that discussion was... have to search through the archives - might be a gamemode
      >> deal.
      >>
      >> On 9/7/2011 10:02 AM, razajac wrote:
      >>> I'm trying to code the PHB2 feat Shield Ward (add the AC from a shield to touch AC and some other things). At this point, I really only care about the extra touch AC. I was thinking of using something like this:
      >>>
      >>> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|FOO|TYPE=Touch.STACK
      >>>
      >>> but I can't figure out how to get the character's current shield AC into FOO, because I can't find a variable to use.

      >> --
      >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011
        All trackers were moved to Jira
        (http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa).

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011
          Hi,

          http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-971

          There is the only one that seems pertinent to this issue.

          On 9/7/2011 1:47 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
          > All trackers were moved to Jira
          > (http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa).
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > My better half and me (jpg)
          > <http://mysite.verizon.net/vze16ni4g/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

          > On 9/7/2011 4:09 PM, razajac wrote:
          >>
          >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew<drew0500@...> wrote:
          >>> Hi,
          >>>
          >>> I don't believe you can get the Shield AC as a variable. There might be a method, but I can't recall
          >>> what the outcome of that discussion was... have to search through the archives - might be a gamemode
          >>> deal.

          >>> --
          >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          >>> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

        • Allen Cohn
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 8, 2011
            I was able to successfully implement this feat (I'm the guy from 3 years
            ago...) but it requires me to manually edit the
            system\gameModes\35e\miscinfo.lst file every time I install a new update of
            PCGen.

            Allen
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 8, 2011
              Hi,

              Heh, yeah, I remember... what was the fix?

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 9, 2011
                First I created a custom Shield Ward feat:

                Shield Ward
                KEY:Shield Ward
                TYPE:FIGHTER
                VISIBLE:YES
                PREFEAT:1,Shield Proficiency
                PREFEAT:1,Shield Specialization
                DESC:Shield bonus applies to touch AC, as well as resisting bull rush,
                disarm, grapple, overrun, or trip attacks.
                SOURCEPAGE:Players Handbook II

                Then, in the system\gameModes\35e\miscinfo.lst file I added the
                "ADD:Shield|PREFEAT:1,Shield Ward" tag to the ACTYPE:Touch line. It should
                now read:

                ACTYPE:Touch ADD:TOTAL
                REMOVE:Armor|ArmorEnhancement|NaturalArmor|Shield|ShieldEnhancement|NaturalA
                rmorEnhancement ADD:Shield|PREFEAT:1,Shield Ward

                Hope this helps.

                Allen

                Re: Help with Shield Ward feat
                Posted by: "Andrew" drew0500@... Drew0500
                Thu Sep 8, 2011 8:09 am (PDT)

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 10, 2011
                  Hi,

                  I've added this to the Gamemode for the homebrew folks -
                  ADD:Shield|ShieldEnhancement|PREVARGTEQ:ShieldAddsToTouchAC,1

                  For a Shield Ward Feat, simply use DEFINE:ShieldAddsToTouchAC|1

                  Cheers,

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 14, 2011
                    Thanks.

                    I don't quite understand. Am I correct to assume that this will be active
                    with the next release and that at that point I should redefine my Shield
                    Ward feat?

                    Thanks,
                    Allen

                    Re: Help with Shield Ward feat
                    Posted by: "Andrew" drew0500@... Drew0500
                    Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:37 am (PDT)

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 14, 2011
                      Hi,

                      Yes, it'll be in the next release. Which shouldn't be too far off, I have one more set I need to
                      finish reviewing to enter into, and then we'll see about the other teams.

                      Cheers,