Re: Help with Shield Ward feat

  • razajac
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011

        Those trackers were moved to jira.pcgen.org.

        Not out of luck ;) Just need to see if anything has been done with them.

        On 9/7/2011 1:09 PM, razajac wrote:

        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> I don't believe you can get the Shield AC as a variable. There might be a method, but I can't recall
        >> what the outcome of that discussion was... have to search through the archives - might be a gamemode
        >> deal.
        >>
        >> On 9/7/2011 10:02 AM, razajac wrote:
        >>> I'm trying to code the PHB2 feat Shield Ward (add the AC from a shield to touch AC and some other things). At this point, I really only care about the extra touch AC. I was thinking of using something like this:
        >>>
        >>> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|FOO|TYPE=Touch.STACK
        >>>
        >>> but I can't figure out how to get the character's current shield AC into FOO, because I can't find a variable to use.

        >> --
        >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011
          All trackers were moved to Jira
          (http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa).

          -- david
          Papa.DRB

          My better half and me (jpg)

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011

            http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-971

            There is the only one that seems pertinent to this issue.

            On 9/7/2011 1:47 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
            > All trackers were moved to Jira
            > (http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa).
            >
            > -- david
            > Papa.DRB
            >
            > My better half and me (jpg)
            > <http://mysite.verizon.net/vze16ni4g/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

            > On 9/7/2011 4:09 PM, razajac wrote:
            >>
            >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew<drew0500@...> wrote:
            >>> Hi,
            >>>
            >>> I don't believe you can get the Shield AC as a variable. There might be a method, but I can't recall
            >>> what the outcome of that discussion was... have to search through the archives - might be a gamemode
            >>> deal.

            >>> --
            >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            >>> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

          • Allen Cohn
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 8, 2011
              I was able to successfully implement this feat (I'm the guy from 3 years
              ago...) but it requires me to manually edit the
              system\gameModes\35e\miscinfo.lst file every time I install a new update of
              PCGen.

              Allen
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 8, 2011

                Heh, yeah, I remember... what was the fix?

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 9, 2011
                  First I created a custom Shield Ward feat:

                  Shield Ward
                  KEY:Shield Ward
                  TYPE:FIGHTER
                  VISIBLE:YES
                  PREFEAT:1,Shield Proficiency
                  PREFEAT:1,Shield Specialization
                  DESC:Shield bonus applies to touch AC, as well as resisting bull rush,
                  disarm, grapple, overrun, or trip attacks.
                  SOURCEPAGE:Players Handbook II

                  Then, in the system\gameModes\35e\miscinfo.lst file I added the
                  "ADD:Shield|PREFEAT:1,Shield Ward" tag to the ACTYPE:Touch line. It should
                  now read:

                  ACTYPE:Touch ADD:TOTAL
                  REMOVE:Armor|ArmorEnhancement|NaturalArmor|Shield|ShieldEnhancement|NaturalA
                  rmorEnhancement ADD:Shield|PREFEAT:1,Shield Ward

                  Hope this helps.

                  Allen

                  Re: Help with Shield Ward feat
                  Posted by: "Andrew" drew0500@... Drew0500
                  Thu Sep 8, 2011 8:09 am (PDT)

                  Hi,

                  Heh, yeah, I remember... what was the fix?
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 10, 2011

                    I've added this to the Gamemode for the homebrew folks -
                    ADD:Shield|ShieldEnhancement|PREVARGTEQ:ShieldAddsToTouchAC,1

                    For a Shield Ward Feat, simply use DEFINE:ShieldAddsToTouchAC|1

                    Cheers,

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 14, 2011
                      Thanks.

                      I don't quite understand. Am I correct to assume that this will be active
                      with the next release and that at that point I should redefine my Shield
                      Ward feat?

                      Thanks,
                      Allen

                      Re: Help with Shield Ward feat
                      Posted by: "Andrew" drew0500@... Drew0500
                      Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:37 am (PDT)

                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 14, 2011

                        Yes, it'll be in the next release. Which shouldn't be too far off, I have one more set I need to
                        finish reviewing to enter into, and then we'll see about the other teams.

                        Cheers,