Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Concentration bonus - how to?

  • Doug Limmer
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
      On 9/7/2011 12:15 PM, Martijn Verburg wrote:

      > Hi distant_scholar,
      >
      > Did you manage to get this resolved?

      I have not. According to the docs, I should be able to use
      BONUS:CONCENTRATION|RACE.Spriggan|1, but I still haven't found an OS
      that displays the Concentration check, so I can test it.

      One of these days, I may just have to write my own "Pathfinder Bestiary
      stat block" OS so it does all the stuff I want. :-)

      DS/DL

      > On 18 August 2011 18:13, Andrew <drew0500@...
      > <mailto:drew0500%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I know, I set it up. The bonus is displayed in at least one OS.
      > Though I'm
      > > a bit pressed for time to
      > > give you an example. Zaister can help with the Tag usage, as he's
      > the one
      > > that made it.
      > >

      > > On 8/18/2011 6:53 AM, distant_scholar wrote:
      > > > I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how the
      > BONUS:CONCENTRATION tag
      > > is supposed to work. Possibly, in part, because I can't find any OS that
      > > actually displays the concentration bonus. :-)
      > > >
      > > > Specifically, the Spriggan (Bestiary 2) gets a +1 racial bonus to
      > > concentration checks for its racial spell-like abilities. Is there a
      > way to
      > > set that up?
      > > >
      > > > [There doesn't seem to be a blanket way to do that for the save DCs of
      > > spell-like abilities, but I found a workaround for that.]
      > > >
      > > > Side note: Size-changing is pretty convoluted when there are weapon
      > > size-changes involved. It would be handy (for me) if there were a way to
      > > automatically change equipment sizes when the size changes. I imagine it
      > > might be computationally intensive, though, especially if there is a
      > lot of
      > > equipment to sort through.

      > > --
      > > Andrew Maitland

    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
        If you do, please post it to the files section. I have been toying with
        an output sheet that includes concentration, but have not figured out
        how to do it yet.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011

          Concentration is being displayed now - PDF. Not sure about other displays. My time is limited as it
          is, so I can't check, but I think I focused on the PDF only. Learning multiple languages is not fun.

          Confirm the PDF version works, and we can see about setting up the HTML version.

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
            Which pdf ? I looked once but could not find it.

            -- david
            Papa.DRB

            My better half and me (jpg)

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011

              I'm always testing against my personal sheet - which is in the release as

              csheet_4e_std_grey_light_new.xslt

              Not that the sheet makes a difference since all the code changes are in the base.xml and another
              file that escapes my memory.

              I can double check the changes in my personal gamemode are in the trunk... but I could've sworn they
              were.

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
                Just checked, and the code is present in the release. Did a test and it's there.

              • Doug Limmer
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 8, 2011
                  Will do. A preliminary version is actually already done, but the Innate
                  spells seem to be calculating the bonus incorrectly.

                  DS/DL