Help with Shield Ward feat

  • razajac
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011
      I'm trying to code the PHB2 feat Shield Ward (add the AC from a shield to touch AC and some other things). At this point, I really only care about the extra touch AC. I was thinking of using something like this:

      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|FOO|TYPE=Touch.STACK

      but I can't figure out how to get the character's current shield AC into FOO, because I can't find a variable to use.
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011

        I don't believe you can get the Shield AC as a variable. There might be a method, but I can't recall
        what the outcome of that discussion was... have to search through the archives - might be a gamemode
        deal.

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011

            Those trackers were moved to jira.pcgen.org.

            Not out of luck ;) Just need to see if anything has been done with them.

            On 9/7/2011 1:09 PM, razajac wrote:

            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> I don't believe you can get the Shield AC as a variable. There might be a method, but I can't recall
            >> what the outcome of that discussion was... have to search through the archives - might be a gamemode
            >> deal.
            >>
            >> On 9/7/2011 10:02 AM, razajac wrote:
            >>> I'm trying to code the PHB2 feat Shield Ward (add the AC from a shield to touch AC and some other things). At this point, I really only care about the extra touch AC. I was thinking of using something like this:
            >>>
            >>> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|FOO|TYPE=Touch.STACK
            >>>
            >>> but I can't figure out how to get the character's current shield AC into FOO, because I can't find a variable to use.

            >> --
            >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011
              All trackers were moved to Jira
              (http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa).

              -- david
              Papa.DRB

              My better half and me (jpg)

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 7, 2011

                http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-971

                There is the only one that seems pertinent to this issue.

                On 9/7/2011 1:47 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
                > All trackers were moved to Jira
                > (http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa).
                >
                > -- david
                > Papa.DRB
                >
                > My better half and me (jpg)
                > <http://mysite.verizon.net/vze16ni4g/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

                > On 9/7/2011 4:09 PM, razajac wrote:
                >>
                >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew<drew0500@...> wrote:
                >>> Hi,
                >>>
                >>> I don't believe you can get the Shield AC as a variable. There might be a method, but I can't recall
                >>> what the outcome of that discussion was... have to search through the archives - might be a gamemode
                >>> deal.

                >>> --
                >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                >>> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

              • Allen Cohn
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 8, 2011
                  I was able to successfully implement this feat (I'm the guy from 3 years
                  ago...) but it requires me to manually edit the
                  system\gameModes\35e\miscinfo.lst file every time I install a new update of
                  PCGen.

                  Allen
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 2011

                    Heh, yeah, I remember... what was the fix?

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 9, 2011
                      First I created a custom Shield Ward feat:

                      Shield Ward
                      KEY:Shield Ward
                      TYPE:FIGHTER
                      VISIBLE:YES
                      PREFEAT:1,Shield Proficiency
                      PREFEAT:1,Shield Specialization
                      DESC:Shield bonus applies to touch AC, as well as resisting bull rush,
                      disarm, grapple, overrun, or trip attacks.
                      SOURCEPAGE:Players Handbook II

                      Then, in the system\gameModes\35e\miscinfo.lst file I added the
                      "ADD:Shield|PREFEAT:1,Shield Ward" tag to the ACTYPE:Touch line. It should
                      now read:

                      ACTYPE:Touch ADD:TOTAL
                      REMOVE:Armor|ArmorEnhancement|NaturalArmor|Shield|ShieldEnhancement|NaturalA
                      rmorEnhancement ADD:Shield|PREFEAT:1,Shield Ward

                      Hope this helps.

                      Allen

                      Re: Help with Shield Ward feat
                      Posted by: "Andrew" drew0500@... Drew0500
                      Thu Sep 8, 2011 8:09 am (PDT)

                      Hi,

                      Heh, yeah, I remember... what was the fix?
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 10, 2011

                        I've added this to the Gamemode for the homebrew folks -
                        ADD:Shield|ShieldEnhancement|PREVARGTEQ:ShieldAddsToTouchAC,1

                        For a Shield Ward Feat, simply use DEFINE:ShieldAddsToTouchAC|1

                        Cheers,

                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 14, 2011
                          Thanks.

                          I don't quite understand. Am I correct to assume that this will be active
                          with the next release and that at that point I should redefine my Shield
                          Ward feat?

                          Thanks,
                          Allen

                          Re: Help with Shield Ward feat
                          Posted by: "Andrew" drew0500@... Drew0500
                          Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:37 am (PDT)

                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 14, 2011

                            Yes, it'll be in the next release. Which shouldn't be too far off, I have one more set I need to
                            finish reviewing to enter into, and then we'll see about the other teams.

                            Cheers,