Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Concentration bonus - how to?

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
      Hi distant_scholar,

      Did you manage to get this resolved?

      On 18 August 2011 18:13, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi,
      >
      > I know, I set it up. The bonus is displayed in at least one OS. Though I'm
      > a bit pressed for time to
      > give you an example. Zaister can help with the Tag usage, as he's the one
      > that made it.
      >

      > On 8/18/2011 6:53 AM, distant_scholar wrote:
      > > I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how the BONUS:CONCENTRATION tag
      > is supposed to work. Possibly, in part, because I can't find any OS that
      > actually displays the concentration bonus. :-)
      > >
      > > Specifically, the Spriggan (Bestiary 2) gets a +1 racial bonus to
      > concentration checks for its racial spell-like abilities. Is there a way to
      > set that up?
      > >
      > > [There doesn't seem to be a blanket way to do that for the save DCs of
      > spell-like abilities, but I found a workaround for that.]
      > >
      > > Side note: Size-changing is pretty convoluted when there are weapon
      > size-changes involved. It would be handy (for me) if there were a way to
      > automatically change equipment sizes when the size changes. I imagine it
      > might be computationally intensive, though, especially if there is a lot of
      > equipment to sort through.

      > Andrew Maitland

    • Doug Limmer
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
        On 9/7/2011 12:15 PM, Martijn Verburg wrote:

        > Hi distant_scholar,
        >
        > Did you manage to get this resolved?

        I have not. According to the docs, I should be able to use
        BONUS:CONCENTRATION|RACE.Spriggan|1, but I still haven't found an OS
        that displays the Concentration check, so I can test it.

        One of these days, I may just have to write my own "Pathfinder Bestiary
        stat block" OS so it does all the stuff I want. :-)

        DS/DL

        > On 18 August 2011 18:13, Andrew <drew0500@...
        > <mailto:drew0500%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I know, I set it up. The bonus is displayed in at least one OS.
        > Though I'm
        > > a bit pressed for time to
        > > give you an example. Zaister can help with the Tag usage, as he's
        > the one
        > > that made it.
        > >

        > > On 8/18/2011 6:53 AM, distant_scholar wrote:
        > > > I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how the
        > BONUS:CONCENTRATION tag
        > > is supposed to work. Possibly, in part, because I can't find any OS that
        > > actually displays the concentration bonus. :-)
        > > >
        > > > Specifically, the Spriggan (Bestiary 2) gets a +1 racial bonus to
        > > concentration checks for its racial spell-like abilities. Is there a
        > way to
        > > set that up?
        > > >
        > > > [There doesn't seem to be a blanket way to do that for the save DCs of
        > > spell-like abilities, but I found a workaround for that.]
        > > >
        > > > Side note: Size-changing is pretty convoluted when there are weapon
        > > size-changes involved. It would be handy (for me) if there were a way to
        > > automatically change equipment sizes when the size changes. I imagine it
        > > might be computationally intensive, though, especially if there is a
        > lot of
        > > equipment to sort through.

        > > --
        > > Andrew Maitland

      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
          If you do, please post it to the files section. I have been toying with
          an output sheet that includes concentration, but have not figured out
          how to do it yet.

          -- david
          Papa.DRB

          My better half and me (jpg)

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
            Hi,

            Concentration is being displayed now - PDF. Not sure about other displays. My time is limited as it
            is, so I can't check, but I think I focused on the PDF only. Learning multiple languages is not fun.

            Confirm the PDF version works, and we can see about setting up the HTML version.

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
              Which pdf ? I looked once but could not find it.

              -- david
              Papa.DRB

              My better half and me (jpg)

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
                Hi,

                I'm always testing against my personal sheet - which is in the release as

                csheet_4e_std_grey_light_new.xslt

                Not that the sheet makes a difference since all the code changes are in the base.xml and another
                file that escapes my memory.

                I can double check the changes in my personal gamemode are in the trunk... but I could've sworn they
                were.

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 7, 2011
                  Just checked, and the code is present in the release. Did a test and it's there.

                • Doug Limmer
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 8, 2011
                    Will do. A preliminary version is actually already done, but the Innate
                    spells seem to be calculating the bonus incorrectly.

                    DS/DL