Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Prestige Class with new SPELLLIST at higher level

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 7, 2011

      SPELLLIST only works on Class Line, it does not take PRExxx tags.

      You can get fancy with SPELLLEVEL or SPELLKNOWN, beyond that don't know of any easy method.

      Cheers,

      On 9/6/2011 5:28 PM, distant_scholar wrote:
      > I think SPELLLIST only works on CLASS lines. I don't know if you can do a PRExxx with it, but if you can, that might give you what you need.
      >
      > I wish it could be used in other places, like race files. (Stupid nagas. Stupid lama matriarch.)
      >
      > DS/DL
      >
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwllco" <g.a.renting@...> wrote:
      >> Greetings fellow simians,
      >>
      >> I'm trying to convert my large set of files from 5.14 to 5.16.4
      >> I've wrangled them enough so that the batch-convert tool accepts them without error.
      >> But when I try to load them in PCGen 5.16.4, I get plenty of errors. I will start with just one:
      >>
      >> I have a Prestige Class that should get access to the Cleric spell list at level 10.
      >>
      >> I have something along these lines:
      >> CLASS MyClass
      >> 1
      >> 2
      >> 3
      >> 4
      >> 5
      >> 6
      >> 7
      >> 8
      >> 9
      >> 10 SPELLLIST:1|Cleric
      >>
      >> Of course there's much more to this class, but as the material is not OGL I've left all the non essential stuff out.
      >>
      >> This is what PCGen tells me:
      >>
      >> LSTERROR: Data used token: 1|Cleric which is a Class token, but it was used in a class level line other than level 1
      >> LSTERROR: ILLEGAL TOKEN 'SPELLLIST' '1|Cleric' for pcgen.cdom.inst.PCClassLevel MyClass(10)
      >>
      >> It seems PCGen wants me to add the SPELLLIST at level 1, but the class only gets it at level 10. How to do this?

    • rogerwllco
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 7, 2011
        Not according to the documentation.

        "Where it is used:
        Class Line, SubClass line or SubClassLevel line."

        http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/datafilestagpages/datafilesclasses.html#SPELLLIST
        (the 5.16.4 docs say the same)

        But when I tried it on the SUBCLASSLEVEL line, it didn't seem t work.

        So either the documentation is wrong, I'm using it wrong or it doesn't work. I'm hoping someone here can tell me.

        See my other reply to distant_scolar for how I'm trying to use it.

        Cheers,

        RogerWilco

        > SPELLLIST only works on Class Line, it does not take PRExxx tags.
        >
        > You can get fancy with SPELLLEVEL or SPELLKNOWN, beyond that don't know of any easy method.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > On 9/6/2011 5:28 PM, distant_scholar wrote:
        > > I think SPELLLIST only works on CLASS lines. I don't know if you can do a PRExxx with it, but if you can, that might give you what you need.
        > >
        > > I wish it could be used in other places, like race files. (Stupid nagas. Stupid lama matriarch.)
        > >
        > > DS/DL
        > >
        > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwllco" <g.a.renting@> wrote:
        > >> Greetings fellow simians,
        > >>
        > >> I'm trying to convert my large set of files from 5.14 to 5.16.4
        > >> I've wrangled them enough so that the batch-convert tool accepts them without error.
        > >> But when I try to load them in PCGen 5.16.4, I get plenty of errors. I will start with just one:
        > >>
        > >> I have a Prestige Class that should get access to the Cleric spell list at level 10.
        > >>
        > >> I have something along these lines:
        > >> CLASS MyClass
        > >> 1
        > >> 2
        > >> 3
        > >> 4
        > >> 5
        > >> 6
        > >> 7
        > >> 8
        > >> 9
        > >> 10 SPELLLIST:1|Cleric
        > >>
        > >> Of course there's much more to this class, but as the material is not OGL I've left all the non essential stuff out.
        > >>
        > >> This is what PCGen tells me:
        > >>
        > >> LSTERROR: Data used token: 1|Cleric which is a Class token, but it was used in a class level line other than level 1
        > >> LSTERROR: ILLEGAL TOKEN 'SPELLLIST' '1|Cleric' for pcgen.cdom.inst.PCClassLevel MyClass(10)
        > >>
        > >> It seems PCGen wants me to add the SPELLLIST at level 1, but the class only gets it at level 10. How to do this?

        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • rogerwllco
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 7, 2011
          Greetings simians,

          I'm still struggling with this. I'm now trying to first make the most simple case work: Give access to the SPELLLIST.

          To this effect I'm now only adding a line like this:

          CLASS:MyClass SPELLLIST:4|Cleric|DOMAIN.Good|DOMAIN.Air|DOMAIN.Law

          So my PrestigeClass now looks something like this (I left a lot out):

          CLASS:MyClass HD:4 TYPE:Prestige.PC ABB:MyC MAXLEVEL:10 SOURCELONG:Complete Divine SOURCESHORT:cmpdvn SOURCEPAGE:p.54 BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Will|((CL/2)+2) BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Reflex,BASE.Fortitude|(CL/3) BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|(CL/2)|TYPE=Base.REPLACE
          CLASS:MyClass PRESPELLTYPE:1,Arcane=3
          CLASS:MyClass STARTSKILLPTS:2 CSKILL:Spellcraft
          CLASS:MyClass SPELLLIST:4|Cleric|DOMAIN.Good|DOMAIN.Air|DOMAIN.Law

          If I add this PrC as a level 5 Wizard, I don't get any of the Cleric or Domain spells to show up, either under Wizard or somewhere else on the Spells tab.

          So how do I have this PrC grant those spell lists?

          Cheers,

          RogerWilco

        • Barak
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 7, 2011
            > If I add this PrC as a level 5 Wizard, I don't get any of the Cleric or
            Domain
            > spells to show up, either under Wizard or somewhere else on the Spells
            tab.

            Umm, I'm not completely sure, but I think SPELLTYPE is required too.

            Try adding SPELLTYPE:Divine and I bet you some new spells show up (You may
            need SPELLSTAT also, not sure).

            Barak
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 8, 2011

              On 9/7/2011 11:51 AM, rogerwllco wrote:
              > Not according to the documentation.
              >
              > "Where it is used:
              > Class Line, SubClass line or SubClassLevel line."

              That should probably read:

              Class Line, Subclass Line and SubstitutionClass Line.

              SPELLLIST does not work on a Level line anywhere to my knowledge. Sorry, looks like you found a typo.

              > http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/datafilestagpages/datafilesclasses.html#SPELLLIST
              > (the 5.16.4 docs say the same)
              >
              > But when I tried it on the SUBCLASSLEVEL line, it didn't seem t work.
              >
              > So either the documentation is wrong, I'm using it wrong or it doesn't work. I'm hoping someone here can tell me.
              >
              > See my other reply to distant_scolar for how I'm trying to use it.
              >
              > Cheers,
              >

              > RogerWilco

              >> Hi,
              >>
              >> SPELLLIST only works on Class Line, it does not take PRExxx tags.
              >>
              >> You can get fancy with SPELLLEVEL or SPELLKNOWN, beyond that don't know of any easy method.
              >>
              >> Cheers,
              >>
              >> On 9/6/2011 5:28 PM, distant_scholar wrote:
              >>> I think SPELLLIST only works on CLASS lines. I don't know if you can do a PRExxx with it, but if you can, that might give you what you need.
              >>>
              >>> I wish it could be used in other places, like race files. (Stupid nagas. Stupid lama matriarch.)
              >>>
              >>> DS/DL

              >> --
              >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
              >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
              > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 8, 2011
                Could you please raise a DOC bug at jira.pcgen.org, thanks! - K

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 9, 2011
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

                  > Could you please raise a DOC bug at jira.pcgen.org, thanks! - K

                  I did. Signing up for jira.pcgen.org was a pain though. I needed to fill 15 CATCHA's before it accepted me. I almost gave up.

                  Cheers,

                  RogerWilco