LEVELABILITY problem

  • rogerwllco
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2011
      I'm converting my data from 5.14 to 5.16.4 as described earlier.

      I now know how to post errors (thanks Papa_DRB!)

      I have a line that looks like this:

      LEVELABILITY:Fighter=1 ABILITY:PROMPT:FEAT(TYPE.Fighter)|CHOICE:Blind Fight

      I can't find anything wrong with it if I compare it to the example text in

      PCGen%205.16.4.app/Contents/Resources/Java/docs/listfilepages/datafilestagpages/datafilesstartingkits.html#LEVELABILITY

      Example:

      LEVELABILITY:Ranger=1 <tab> ABILITY:PROMPT:FEAT(TYPE.Favored Enemy)|CHOICE:Favored Enemy (Humanoid (Elf))

      Selects Humanoid (Elf) as a ranger's first favored enemy selection.

      But I get this error:

      20:40:55.311 SEVERE Thread-5 pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader loadLstFile Error parsing file file:/*/PCGen%205.16.4.app/Contents/Resources/Java/vendordata/cmp/rules_system_v35e/wizards_of_the_coast/generic/campaign_setting/monster_manual/mmanl_d20_fantasy_v35e_kit.lst line 14: String in getAbilitySelectionFromPersistentFormat must start with CATEGORY=, found: Blind Fight
      20:40:55.315 SEVERE Thread-5 pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader loadLstFile Ignoring error:
      java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: String in getAbilitySelectionFromPersistentFormat must start with CATEGORY=, found: Blind Fight
      at pcgen.cdom.helper.AbilitySelection.getAbilitySelectionFromPersistentFormat(Unknown Source)
      at plugin.lsttokens.add.FeatToken.decodeChoice(Unknown Source)
      at plugin.lsttokens.add.FeatToken.decodeChoice(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.cdom.base.PersistentTransitionChoice.decodeChoice(Unknown Source)
      at plugin.lsttokens.kit.levelability.AbilityToken.parse(Unknown Source)
      at plugin.lsttokens.kit.levelability.AbilityToken.parse(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.rules.persistence.TokenSupport.processSubToken(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.rules.context.LoadContext.processSubToken(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.rules.persistence.CDOMSubLineLoader.parseLine(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.rules.persistence.CDOMKitLoader.subParse(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.rules.persistence.CDOMKitLoader.parseSubLine(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.KitLoader.parseLine(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.KitLoader.parseLine(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFile(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.gui.sources.SourceSelectionUtils.doCampaignLoad(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.gui.sources.SourceSelectionUtils.access$000(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.gui.sources.SourceSelectionUtils$1.construct(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

      Now I looked at the CATEGORY keyword, but I have no clue why it should be in there.

      Any help is appreciated,

      Cheers,

      RogerWilco
    • Doug Limmer
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 6, 2011
        This is for a (starting) kit, yes?

        There may have been a change in how certain class abilities have been
        implemented since the docs were written. I've been using tags like
        ABILITY:CATEGORY=Fighter Bonus Feat|Blind Fight to have kits choose
        fighter bonus feats, and they seem to work fine.

        Another possible problem: is the feat technically called Blind Fight, or
        Blind-Fight? That could cause trouble, too.

        I'm doing this for Pathfinder, and for 5.17.8, which may or may not make
        a difference.

        DS/DL

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2011

          I believe this is an issue we're attempting to fix.