Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide OOC Data Set Final Update Released!

  • Matt Harris
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 13, 2011
      I upgraded to this file and loaded my character and leveled him up. It
      now says "Too many traits selected" and the traits show -2.

      PcGen version 5.16.4
      Loaded Pathfinder Core, Bestiary, APG, and some custom stuff.

      Matt Harris
      matt_j_harris@...
      ICQ: 1656005
      www.launchpadzero.net

      On 8/11/2011 6:58 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
      > The PCGen Team is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of the seventh and final update to the Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide OOC Data Set!
      >
      > Download your copy today:
      > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.4%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/5164_piazo_pathfinder_alpha_update_07.pcz/download
      >
      > This release is the seventh release in a series of updates aimed at bringing the most current fixes for the Pathfinder APG data set to v5.16.4. It can be installed on top of all previous updates but does not require them.
      >
      > Besides delivering the latest APG data set, this file patches the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook and Bestiary. For more information about this release, including OOC installation instructions, please check out the full release notes here:
      >
      > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.4%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/pcgen-pathfinder-apg-dataset-update-release-notes-5164.html/download
      >
      > This release is an "alpha" release and therefore will contain errors. The PCGen Team is dedicated to providing full support for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game so we ask you, the PCGen Community, to help us by putting this data set through its paces and reporting any bugs you find to the PCGen Team by posting them here on PCGen@Yahoo!. Please include [PATHFINDER] in the subject line for your report.
      >
      > As noted above, this is the last update of the Out-of-Cycle data set for the APG. To receive further updates you will need to migrate to the latest developmental version of PCGen (5.17.8+).
      >
      > PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20 systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by users for their own campaigns. For more information about PCGen, join us athttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/ or visit our website athttp://pcgen.sourceforge.net and wiki athttp://wiki.pcgen.org/.
      >
      > This dataset uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This dataset is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visithttp://paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visithttp://paizo.com

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 13, 2011
        Hi Matt!

        What do you see on the Traits sub-tab?

        I ran into this as well but I don't recall right off and how I cleared it and it hasn't recurred.

        Maredudd

        On Aug 13, 2011, at 5:24 AM, Matt Harris wrote:

        > I upgraded to this file and loaded my character and leveled him up. It
        > now says "Too many traits selected" and the traits show -2.
        >
        > PcGen version 5.16.4
        > Loaded Pathfinder Core, Bestiary, APG, and some custom stuff.
        >
        > Matt Harris
        > matt_j_harris@...
        > ICQ: 1656005
        > www.launchpadzero.net
        >
        > On 8/11/2011 6:58 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
        > > The PCGen Team is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of the seventh and final update to the Pathfinder Advanced Players Guide OOC Data Set!
        > >
        > > Download your copy today:
        > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.4%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/5164_piazo_pathfinder_alpha_update_07.pcz/download
        > >
        > > This release is the seventh release in a series of updates aimed at bringing the most current fixes for the Pathfinder APG data set to v5.16.4. It can be installed on top of all previous updates but does not require them.
        > >
        > > Besides delivering the latest APG data set, this file patches the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook and Bestiary. For more information about this release, including OOC installation instructions, please check out the full release notes here:
        > >
        > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/5.16.4%20OOC%20Data%20Sets/pcgen-pathfinder-apg-dataset-update-release-notes-5164.html/download
        > >
        > > This release is an "alpha" release and therefore will contain errors. The PCGen Team is dedicated to providing full support for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game so we ask you, the PCGen Community, to help us by putting this data set through its paces and reporting any bugs you find to the PCGen Team by posting them here on PCGen@Yahoo!. Please include [PATHFINDER] in the subject line for your report.
        > >
        > > As noted above, this is the last update of the Out-of-Cycle data set for the APG. To receive further updates you will need to migrate to the latest developmental version of PCGen (5.17.8+).
        > >
        > > PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20 systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by users for their own campaigns. For more information about PCGen, join us athttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/ or visit our website athttp://pcgen.sourceforge.net and wiki athttp://wiki.pcgen.org/.
        > >
        > > This dataset uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This dataset is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visithttp://paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visithttp://paizo.com

      • Stefan Radermacher
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 13, 2011
          This is due to a change in the way traits are handled. We removed the
          Campaign Traits as its own category and in the process the templates
          that grant the traits have been renamed. The easiest way to fix this is
          to take a text editor to your character file, and look for a line like this:

          TEMPLATESAPPLIED:[NAME:Player Character Traits]

          Depending on the version you've been using, it might also have "Standard
          Character Traits" or "Adventure Path Character Traits" instead. Change
          that to read as follows:

          TEMPLATESAPPLIED:[NAME:Character Traits]

          Then everything should be back to normal. I hope that helps. I'm sorry
          for the additional work, but changes like that can happen during a phase
          of alpha development, and the APG sources are still in that state.

          Regards,
          Stefan.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 13, 2011
            I didn't see either of those, but added the line

            TEMPLATESAPPLIED:[NAME:Character Traits]

            And it fixed it up.

            Thanks for the fix.

            Matt Harris
            matt_j_harris@...
            ICQ: 1656005
            www.launchpadzero.net

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 13, 2011
              Hi Matt!

              On 13.08.2011 11:59, Matt Harris wrote:
              > I didn't see either of those

              You probably saved the character file with the newer version of the
              program, and thus the line was lost.

              > And it fixed it up.

              Good to hear that worked for you.

              Regards,