Blanking out CMB/CMD

  • distant_scholar
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2011
      I'm coding up a monster[1] that has entries of - for CMB and CMD. Is there a way to do that?

      [1]The monster is "Vampiric Mist" from Bestiary 2.
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2011
        Hi there,

        Did you manage to resolve this?

        On 12 August 2011 21:41, distant_scholar <adventure@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I'm coding up a monster[1] that has entries of - for CMB and CMD. Is there
        > a way to do that?
        >
        > [1]The monster is "Vampiric Mist" from Bestiary 2.

      • Doug Limmer
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2011
          Short answer: No. Slightly longer answer: Not easily.

          I was kind of hoping for some variable or ability (like "Can't Be
          Tripped") that an OS would interpret and print "-" for the CMB/CMD
          output, but I guess there currently isn't such a thing.

          I think I might have managed to do this for a different monster by
          making a new monster class that doesn't get the "CMB Output" feat. It's
          a tad annoying to have to make a new monster class for every (type of)
          monster that can't use, or be affected by, combat maneuvers.

          (Swarms aren't affected by combat maneuvers. I've stumbled across two
          or three other monsters that aren't, either.)

          DS/DL

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2011

            That would need a FREQ for OS to make that possible. A bunch of work, but doable.

            It would involved editing the files directly and tying whether it displays the "-" or the number.
            Removing the actual ability is ill advised and does make it a lot more work. A simple set of
            abilities to disable the indicated CMB/CMD would be the better method.

            Unfortunately, I can only give pointers, but not much else since I'm busy on a few other projects.
            You might be able to enlist Chuck's aid as well.