Re: Feat writing. Help plz!

  • breckweiller
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2002
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@y..., "Mynex" <mynex3@h...> wrote:

      > See the Cosmopolitan feat in the Forgotten realms feat list file.
      This
      > does exactly that.
      >
      > Mynex
      > - Dark Sith Silverback Android, Dark Lord of the Docs, The Sleepless
      > One, The Code Badger

      I'm working on a similar issue: in Rokugan, AEG decided to put out
      their own form of Cosmopolitan, but rather than one cc skill to class
      skill, each iteration of Versatile allows you to claim two cross
      skills as class skills forevermore. As this is also my first day
      working with XML and PC Gen (neat program, by the way -- I wasn't
      looking forward to starting the database of feats and levels from
      scratch :), I've figured out that the MULT tag within a feat allows
      for the feat to be chosen again, and I believe that MULTT allows for
      multiple targets within a particular feat/choose relationship.
      However, the two tags do not seem to work together at all; MULT tends
      to override MULTT and require one feat slot per choice taken in the
      window.

      I found a list of tags, but not what their arguments are (for things
      like CHOOSE that takes variables).

      On a side note, in reply to another message I saw, with AEG's first
      foray in d20 to supercede whole feats (Way of the Crane and Way of
      the Unicorn being the quickest to mind examples), are there plans to
      include a VFEAT tag within the FEAT definition? For instance: As
      long as 'Way of the Unicorn' pulled a magenta 'Mounted Combat' with
      it, then we wouldn't have to rewrite the WotC feats / prestige
      classes to incorporate these new feats.

      BoB

      for