Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Template asking for subtemplate twice

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
      Hi Folks!

      I just hit this issue, as well as another one I want to bring up.

      I'm running PCGen 5.17.8, Pathfinder with PFCR, Bestiary, APG and Book of Drakes (dev) loaded.

      An ability, called Apotheosis, that contains a CHOOSE tag is granted in a prestige class via ADD:ABILITY|Special Ability|VIRTUAL|<text>.

      First Problem

      1) When creating a character I get a popup with the following choices: Apotheosis (Acid), Apotheosis (Cold), Apotheosis (Electricity), Apotheosis (Fire), Apotheosis (Sonic) -> Select "Fire" and continue.

      2) A second popup pops up with the following choices: Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic -> There are no selections available so I hit "Close" and continue.

      3) Apotheosis (Fire) appears on the OS.

      Second Problem involves ADD:ABILITY

      1) The same ability referenced above is granted in the prestige class via ADD:ABILITY|Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|<text>

      2) The following appears in the console.

      14:31:45.319 LSTERROR Thread-5 PCClassLoader:317 ABILITY refers to AUTOMATIC Ability Nature, cannot be used in ABILITY: 1|Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Apotheosis ~ Master of Drake Forms
      14:31:45.320 LSTERROR Thread-5 PCClassLoader:317 Failed in parsing subtoken: ABILITY of 1|Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Apotheosis ~ Master of Drake Forms
      14:31:45.320 LSTERROR Thread-5 PCClassLoader:317 Illegal ADD subtoken 'ABILITY' '1|Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Apotheosis ~ Master of Drake Forms' for Master of Drake Forms(10)
      14:31:45.321 LSTINFO Thread-5 PCClassLoader:317 Failed in parsing typeStr: ADD ABILITY|1|Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Apotheosis ~ Master of Drake Forms
      14:31:45.321 LSTERROR Thread-5 PCClassLoader:317 Illegal Token 'ADD' 'ABILITY|1|Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Apotheosis ~ Master of Drake Forms' for pcgen.cdom.inst.PCClassLevel Master of Drake Forms(10)

      The docs say that AUTOMATIC is a valid nature for ADD:ABILITY. It doesn't look like it is . . . . Is this a bug or are the docs wrong? As can be seen above, the work around is to use the VIRTUAL nature.

      Thanks!

      Maredudd

      On Aug 7, 2011, at 5:07 PM, distant_scholar wrote:

      > Anyone? :-)
      >
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "distant_scholar" <adventure@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm working on the Bestiary 2 entries (the xyz section only has 4 items, but they're very educational items), and I ran across some weirdness with the Zombie (Juju) template.
      > >
      > > I've uploaded the pfb_2_templates.lst file I've made for it. When you make a creature with flight (I chose an air elemental), it pops up a choice of either Winged or Magical flight (which is correct), then a choice of being CE, LE, or NE (also correct), but then the Winged or Magical flight choice pops up a second time. It seems to ignore whatever you chose the second time, but I don't know why it's popping up at all.
      > >
      > > For a creature without flight (I chose an owlbear), it skips the first flight choice (which is correct), gives the alignment choice (also correct), but then a Winged/Magical flight choice is offered (and essentially ignored).
      > >
      > > The template has the kit choice (KIT:1|LE|NE|CE) and grants two other templates (Juju Zombie Slam and Juju Zombie Flight) which each have a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE inside of them. (It's template-ception!)
      > >
      > > The Juju Zombie Slam choice isn't really a choice; the prerequisites are sized based. So, the user doesn't see anything.
      > >
      > > Any clues as to what might be happening?

    • Doug Limmer
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
        On 8/8/2011 4:23 AM, Andrew wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I'm very tired, but have a moment to answer the question with another
        > question - do you have the
        > same choices in another section?

        Not to my knowledge.

        > The only way you should be getting the choice again, is if you have
        > another template with the same
        > choices, by the design a template chooser cannot be activated twice,
        > so the logical conclusion is
        > that another template has the same choices, which have no bearing.

        That's what I would think, but I can't find where it is happening.

        > If need be I'll look at it later when I've slept and am not working.
        > You said this is uploaded in
        > the trunk?

        I put it in the files section of the Yahoo group.

        DS/DL

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011

          Sounds like a bug happening.

          On 8/8/2011 12:32 PM, Doug Limmer wrote:
          > On 8/8/2011 4:23 AM, Andrew wrote:
          >> Hi,
          >> I'm very tired, but have a moment to answer the question with another
          >> question - do you have the
          >> same choices in another section?
          >>
          > Not to my knowledge.
          >
          >> The only way you should be getting the choice again, is if you have
          >> another template with the same
          >> choices, by the design a template chooser cannot be activated twice,
          >> so the logical conclusion is
          >> that another template has the same choices, which have no bearing.
          >>
          > That's what I would think, but I can't find where it is happening.
          >
          >> If need be I'll look at it later when I've slept and am not working.
          >> You said this is uploaded in
          >> the trunk?
          >>
          > I put it in the files section of the Yahoo group.
          >
          > DS/DL

        • distant_scholar
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 12, 2011
            After a bit of testing, I discovered that my template has both a KIT:1|LE|NE|CE tag and the TEMPLATE tags that trigger a choice. Removing the KIT tag stops the program from asking for a template twice.

            I'll raise a bug in JIRA about this.