Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Template asking for subtemplate twice

Expand Messages
  • distant_scholar
    I m working on the Bestiary 2 entries (the xyz section only has 4 items, but they re very educational items), and I ran across some weirdness with the Zombie
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      I'm working on the Bestiary 2 entries (the xyz section only has 4 items, but they're very educational items), and I ran across some weirdness with the Zombie (Juju) template.

      I've uploaded the pfb_2_templates.lst file I've made for it. When you make a creature with flight (I chose an air elemental), it pops up a choice of either Winged or Magical flight (which is correct), then a choice of being CE, LE, or NE (also correct), but then the Winged or Magical flight choice pops up a second time. It seems to ignore whatever you chose the second time, but I don't know why it's popping up at all.

      For a creature without flight (I chose an owlbear), it skips the first flight choice (which is correct), gives the alignment choice (also correct), but then a Winged/Magical flight choice is offered (and essentially ignored).

      The template has the kit choice (KIT:1|LE|NE|CE) and grants two other templates (Juju Zombie Slam and Juju Zombie Flight) which each have a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE inside of them. (It's template-ception!)

      The Juju Zombie Slam choice isn't really a choice; the prerequisites are sized based. So, the user doesn't see anything.

      Any clues as to what might be happening?
    • distant_scholar
      Anyone? :-)
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        Anyone? :-)

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "distant_scholar" <adventure@...> wrote:
        >
        > I'm working on the Bestiary 2 entries (the xyz section only has 4 items, but they're very educational items), and I ran across some weirdness with the Zombie (Juju) template.
        >
        > I've uploaded the pfb_2_templates.lst file I've made for it. When you make a creature with flight (I chose an air elemental), it pops up a choice of either Winged or Magical flight (which is correct), then a choice of being CE, LE, or NE (also correct), but then the Winged or Magical flight choice pops up a second time. It seems to ignore whatever you chose the second time, but I don't know why it's popping up at all.
        >
        > For a creature without flight (I chose an owlbear), it skips the first flight choice (which is correct), gives the alignment choice (also correct), but then a Winged/Magical flight choice is offered (and essentially ignored).
        >
        > The template has the kit choice (KIT:1|LE|NE|CE) and grants two other templates (Juju Zombie Slam and Juju Zombie Flight) which each have a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE inside of them. (It's template-ception!)
        >
        > The Juju Zombie Slam choice isn't really a choice; the prerequisites are sized based. So, the user doesn't see anything.
        >
        > Any clues as to what might be happening?
        >
      • Andrew
        Hi, I m very tired, but have a moment to answer the question with another question - do you have the same choices in another section? The only way you should
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          Hi,
          I'm very tired, but have a moment to answer the question with another question - do you have the
          same choices in another section?

          The only way you should be getting the choice again, is if you have another template with the same
          choices, by the design a template chooser cannot be activated twice, so the logical conclusion is
          that another template has the same choices, which have no bearing.

          If need be I'll look at it later when I've slept and am not working. You said this is uploaded in
          the trunk?



          On 8/2/2011 9:25 AM, distant_scholar wrote:
          > I'm working on the Bestiary 2 entries (the xyz section only has 4 items, but they're very educational items), and I ran across some weirdness with the Zombie (Juju) template.
          >
          > I've uploaded the pfb_2_templates.lst file I've made for it. When you make a creature with flight (I chose an air elemental), it pops up a choice of either Winged or Magical flight (which is correct), then a choice of being CE, LE, or NE (also correct), but then the Winged or Magical flight choice pops up a second time. It seems to ignore whatever you chose the second time, but I don't know why it's popping up at all.
          >
          > For a creature without flight (I chose an owlbear), it skips the first flight choice (which is correct), gives the alignment choice (also correct), but then a Winged/Magical flight choice is offered (and essentially ignored).
          >
          > The template has the kit choice (KIT:1|LE|NE|CE) and grants two other templates (Juju Zombie Slam and Juju Zombie Flight) which each have a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE inside of them. (It's template-ception!)
          >
          > The Juju Zombie Slam choice isn't really a choice; the prerequisites are sized based. So, the user doesn't see anything.
          >
          > Any clues as to what might be happening?
          >
          >
          >
          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >
          >
          >

          --
          Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors
          Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
          Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"


          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Eric C Smith
          Hi Folks! I just hit this issue, as well as another one I want to bring up. I m running PCGen 5.17.8, Pathfinder with PFCR, Bestiary, APG and Book of Drakes
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
          • 0 Attachment
            Hi Folks!

            I just hit this issue, as well as another one I want to bring up.

            I'm running PCGen 5.17.8, Pathfinder with PFCR, Bestiary, APG and Book of Drakes (dev) loaded.

            An ability, called Apotheosis, that contains a CHOOSE tag is granted in a prestige class via ADD:ABILITY|Special Ability|VIRTUAL|<text>.

            First Problem

            1) When creating a character I get a popup with the following choices: Apotheosis (Acid), Apotheosis (Cold), Apotheosis (Electricity), Apotheosis (Fire), Apotheosis (Sonic) -> Select "Fire" and continue.

            2) A second popup pops up with the following choices: Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic -> There are no selections available so I hit "Close" and continue.

            3) Apotheosis (Fire) appears on the OS.


            Second Problem involves ADD:ABILITY

            1) The same ability referenced above is granted in the prestige class via ADD:ABILITY|Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|<text>

            2) The following appears in the console.

            14:31:45.319 LSTERROR Thread-5 PCClassLoader:317 ABILITY refers to AUTOMATIC Ability Nature, cannot be used in ABILITY: 1|Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Apotheosis ~ Master of Drake Forms
            14:31:45.320 LSTERROR Thread-5 PCClassLoader:317 Failed in parsing subtoken: ABILITY of 1|Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Apotheosis ~ Master of Drake Forms
            14:31:45.320 LSTERROR Thread-5 PCClassLoader:317 Illegal ADD subtoken 'ABILITY' '1|Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Apotheosis ~ Master of Drake Forms' for Master of Drake Forms(10)
            14:31:45.321 LSTINFO Thread-5 PCClassLoader:317 Failed in parsing typeStr: ADD ABILITY|1|Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Apotheosis ~ Master of Drake Forms
            14:31:45.321 LSTERROR Thread-5 PCClassLoader:317 Illegal Token 'ADD' 'ABILITY|1|Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Apotheosis ~ Master of Drake Forms' for pcgen.cdom.inst.PCClassLevel Master of Drake Forms(10)

            The docs say that AUTOMATIC is a valid nature for ADD:ABILITY. It doesn't look like it is . . . . Is this a bug or are the docs wrong? As can be seen above, the work around is to use the VIRTUAL nature.

            Thanks!

            Maredudd


            On Aug 7, 2011, at 5:07 PM, distant_scholar wrote:

            > Anyone? :-)
            >
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "distant_scholar" <adventure@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm working on the Bestiary 2 entries (the xyz section only has 4 items, but they're very educational items), and I ran across some weirdness with the Zombie (Juju) template.
            > >
            > > I've uploaded the pfb_2_templates.lst file I've made for it. When you make a creature with flight (I chose an air elemental), it pops up a choice of either Winged or Magical flight (which is correct), then a choice of being CE, LE, or NE (also correct), but then the Winged or Magical flight choice pops up a second time. It seems to ignore whatever you chose the second time, but I don't know why it's popping up at all.
            > >
            > > For a creature without flight (I chose an owlbear), it skips the first flight choice (which is correct), gives the alignment choice (also correct), but then a Winged/Magical flight choice is offered (and essentially ignored).
            > >
            > > The template has the kit choice (KIT:1|LE|NE|CE) and grants two other templates (Juju Zombie Slam and Juju Zombie Flight) which each have a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE inside of them. (It's template-ception!)
            > >
            > > The Juju Zombie Slam choice isn't really a choice; the prerequisites are sized based. So, the user doesn't see anything.
            > >
            > > Any clues as to what might be happening?
            > >
            >
            >



            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          • Doug Limmer
            ... Not to my knowledge. ... That s what I would think, but I can t find where it is happening. ... I put it in the files section of the Yahoo group. DS/DL
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
            • 0 Attachment
              On 8/8/2011 4:23 AM, Andrew wrote:
              >
              > Hi,
              > I'm very tired, but have a moment to answer the question with another
              > question - do you have the
              > same choices in another section?
              >
              Not to my knowledge.

              > The only way you should be getting the choice again, is if you have
              > another template with the same
              > choices, by the design a template chooser cannot be activated twice,
              > so the logical conclusion is
              > that another template has the same choices, which have no bearing.
              >
              That's what I would think, but I can't find where it is happening.

              > If need be I'll look at it later when I've slept and am not working.
              > You said this is uploaded in
              > the trunk?
              >
              I put it in the files section of the Yahoo group.

              DS/DL


              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • Andrew
              Hi, Sounds like a bug happening. ... -- Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing) Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur Unique Title
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
              • 0 Attachment
                Hi,

                Sounds like a bug happening.

                On 8/8/2011 12:32 PM, Doug Limmer wrote:
                > On 8/8/2011 4:23 AM, Andrew wrote:
                >> Hi,
                >> I'm very tired, but have a moment to answer the question with another
                >> question - do you have the
                >> same choices in another section?
                >>
                > Not to my knowledge.
                >
                >> The only way you should be getting the choice again, is if you have
                >> another template with the same
                >> choices, by the design a template chooser cannot be activated twice,
                >> so the logical conclusion is
                >> that another template has the same choices, which have no bearing.
                >>
                > That's what I would think, but I can't find where it is happening.
                >
                >> If need be I'll look at it later when I've slept and am not working.
                >> You said this is uploaded in
                >> the trunk?
                >>
                > I put it in the files section of the Yahoo group.
                >
                > DS/DL
                >
                >
                > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                >
                >
                >
                > ------------------------------------
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
                >

                --
                Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                Admin Silverback - PCGen Board of Directors
                Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
                Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"


                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • distant_scholar
                After a bit of testing, I discovered that my template has both a KIT:1|LE|NE|CE tag and the TEMPLATE tags that trigger a choice. Removing the KIT tag stops
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 12, 2011
                • 0 Attachment
                  After a bit of testing, I discovered that my template has both a KIT:1|LE|NE|CE tag and the TEMPLATE tags that trigger a choice. Removing the KIT tag stops the program from asking for a template twice.

                  I'll raise a bug in JIRA about this.

                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "distant_scholar" <adventure@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > I'm working on the Bestiary 2 entries (the xyz section only has 4 items, but they're very educational items), and I ran across some weirdness with the Zombie (Juju) template.
                  >
                  > I've uploaded the pfb_2_templates.lst file I've made for it. When you make a creature with flight (I chose an air elemental), it pops up a choice of either Winged or Magical flight (which is correct), then a choice of being CE, LE, or NE (also correct), but then the Winged or Magical flight choice pops up a second time. It seems to ignore whatever you chose the second time, but I don't know why it's popping up at all.
                  >
                  > For a creature without flight (I chose an owlbear), it skips the first flight choice (which is correct), gives the alignment choice (also correct), but then a Winged/Magical flight choice is offered (and essentially ignored).
                  >
                  > The template has the kit choice (KIT:1|LE|NE|CE) and grants two other templates (Juju Zombie Slam and Juju Zombie Flight) which each have a TEMPLATE:CHOOSE inside of them. (It's template-ception!)
                  >
                  > The Juju Zombie Slam choice isn't really a choice; the prerequisites are sized based. So, the user doesn't see anything.
                  >
                  > Any clues as to what might be happening?
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.