Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Homebrew LST not working

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2011

      hm, suggestions -

      Review your custom code and find the syntax causing the errors. Spaces proceeding or following any tags.

      Run PrettyLST, that's decent at finding errors.

      Otherwise, you can try convincing one of us old chimps to take a look at it.

      Cheers,

      On 7/31/2011 4:05 PM, teaming5 wrote:
      > Just downloaded 5.17.8 & also had this issue with 5.17.7, when trying I load my Homebrew files, the software freezes up and no sources get loaded. I have tried to review the Upgrading custom data sets, but I get a 404 error when clicking on the link in the release notes. If I take out my custom set, PCGEN works just fine. Suggestions?

    • Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
        Hmm, I'm getting a 404 also

        http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/installationpages/upgradepcgen.html
        needs to be
        http://wiki.pcgen.org/Updating_Homebrew_Sets

        Unless there is a section I'm overlooking in the doc's.

        >Posted by: "teaming5" tripleh5133@... teaming5
        >
        >Just downloaded 5.17.8 & also had this issue with 5.17.7, when trying I load my Homebrew files, the software >freezes up and no sources get loaded. I have tried to review the Upgrading custom data sets, but I get a 404 >error when clicking on the link in the release notes. If I take out my custom set, PCGEN works just fine. >Suggestions?

        Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
        PCGen BoD OGL Silverback & LST Lemur-in-training
        ICQ: 14397299
        AO: Nylan
        CoH:Nylan Neblett
        Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

        "I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks"
      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
          Hi all,

          The correct address for the first link should be:

          http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/installationpages/upgradepcgen.html

          Although of course if the link is referring to updating a home brew then it
          should be pointing to http://wiki.pcgen.org/Updating_Homebrew_Sets

          Where was this link referenced from?

          On 1 August 2011 14:10, Paul Grosse <nylanfs@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hmm, I'm getting a 404 also
          >

          > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/installationpages/upgradepcgen.html
          > needs to be
          > http://wiki.pcgen.org/Updating_Homebrew_Sets
          >
          > Unless there is a section I'm overlooking in the doc's.
          >
          > >Posted by: "teaming5" tripleh5133@... teaming5
          >

          > >Just downloaded 5.17.8 & also had this issue with 5.17.7, when trying I
          > load my Homebrew files, the software >freezes up and no sources get loaded.
          > I have tried to review the Upgrading custom data sets, but I get a 404
          > >error when clicking on the link in the release notes. If I take out my
          > custom set, PCGEN works just fine. >Suggestions?
          >
          > Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
          > PCGen BoD OGL Silverback & LST Lemur-in-training
          > ICQ: 14397299
          > AO: Nylan
          > CoH:Nylan Neblett
          > Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)
          >
          > "I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks"

        • teaming5
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
            This is the link in the Release Notes that is not working.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
              Thanks, I've uploaded a newer version of those release notes with the
              corrected links.

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
                Oh, and I updated the notes in SVN so that the next release should have the
                correct links as well. - K