Homebrew LST not working

  • teaming5
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2011
      Just downloaded 5.17.8 & also had this issue with 5.17.7, when trying I load my Homebrew files, the software freezes up and no sources get loaded. I have tried to review the Upgrading custom data sets, but I get a 404 error when clicking on the link in the release notes. If I take out my custom set, PCGEN works just fine. Suggestions?
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2011
        What platfomr are you running on and which data sets are you loading?

        Maredudd

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 2011
          Hi,

          hm, suggestions -

          Review your custom code and find the syntax causing the errors. Spaces proceeding or following any tags.

          Run PrettyLST, that's decent at finding errors.

          Otherwise, you can try convincing one of us old chimps to take a look at it.

          Cheers,

          On 7/31/2011 4:05 PM, teaming5 wrote:
          > Just downloaded 5.17.8 & also had this issue with 5.17.7, when trying I load my Homebrew files, the software freezes up and no sources get loaded. I have tried to review the Upgrading custom data sets, but I get a 404 error when clicking on the link in the release notes. If I take out my custom set, PCGEN works just fine. Suggestions?

        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
            Hmm, I'm getting a 404 also

            http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/installationpages/upgradepcgen.html
            needs to be
            http://wiki.pcgen.org/Updating_Homebrew_Sets

            Unless there is a section I'm overlooking in the doc's.

            >Posted by: "teaming5" tripleh5133@... teaming5
            >
            >Just downloaded 5.17.8 & also had this issue with 5.17.7, when trying I load my Homebrew files, the software >freezes up and no sources get loaded. I have tried to review the Upgrading custom data sets, but I get a 404 >error when clicking on the link in the release notes. If I take out my custom set, PCGEN works just fine. >Suggestions?

            Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
            PCGen BoD OGL Silverback & LST Lemur-in-training
            ICQ: 14397299
            AO: Nylan
            CoH:Nylan Neblett
            Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

            "I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks"
          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
              Hi all,

              The correct address for the first link should be:

              http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/installationpages/upgradepcgen.html

              Although of course if the link is referring to updating a home brew then it
              should be pointing to http://wiki.pcgen.org/Updating_Homebrew_Sets

              Where was this link referenced from?

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
                This is the link in the Release Notes that is not working.

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
                  Thanks, I've uploaded a newer version of those release notes with the
                  corrected links.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
                    Oh, and I updated the notes in SVN so that the next release should have the
                    correct links as well. - K