setting up TextWrangler.

  • Sam Elmore
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
      Hey Y'all,

      I'm trying to set up TextWrangler to edit the .lst files b/c JEdit seems to be screwing up my mac something terrrible! Can't see any files though in the text editor. What do I need to do to see the .lst files?

      Any and all help would be greatly appreciated...

      Thanks,

      Sam
    • Ragabash Moon
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
        Well, as I am not a Mac user I cant say for sure, but... they are just txt
        files. So, whatever the Mac equivalent of Windows Notepad is SHOULD work just
        fine. If it doesn't, then hopefully someone with a Mac can help you further
        (I'm just replying since it's late at night, to give you some help, as little as
        it might be, before the sane people wake up.)

        RagabashMoon@...

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
          Quoting Ragabash Moon (RagabashMoon@...):
          > Well, as I am not a Mac user I cant say for sure, but... they are just txt
          > files.

          Maybe there's the problem. If TextWrangler does filename filtering before
          it shows files for opening (like restricting everything to files with the
          suffix .txt), then of course you cannot see the list files. They have the
          suffix .lst

          Hope that helps,

          Susan
        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
            Hi Sam,

            TextWrangler should see the lst files out-of-the-box. As a test, I just downloaded TextWrongler and I had no problem. I used to use TW but have since moved to BBEdit.

            Note: TextWrangler can be set up for syntax coloring for lst and pcc files. Just follow the same steps as described for BBEdit.

            Maredudd

            On Jul 25, 2011, at 4:20 AM, Sam Elmore wrote:

            > Hey Y'all,
            >
            > I'm trying to set up TextWrangler to edit the .lst files b/c JEdit seems to be screwing up my mac something terrrible! Can't see any files though in the text editor. What do I need to do to see the .lst files?
            >
            > Any and all help would be greatly appreciated...
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Sam

          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
              Hello again Sam,

              I rechecked and you need to tell TextWrangler to enable "Everything" on the Open Dialog.

              Maredudd

              On Jul 25, 2011, at 4:20 AM, Sam Elmore wrote:

              > Hey Y'all,
              >
              > I'm trying to set up TextWrangler to edit the .lst files b/c JEdit seems to be screwing up my mac something terrrible! Can't see any files though in the text editor. What do I need to do to see the .lst files?
              >
              > Any and all help would be greatly appreciated...
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Sam

            • Sam Elmore
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
                Thanks Maredudd,

                Never closed the program between when I sent out my email and got
                everyone's responses and now it's working fine. I swear I have
                goblins in my computer sometimes!

                Thanks everyone.

                Sam

                On 25 Jul 2011, at 2:12 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:

                > Hello again Sam,
                >
                > I rechecked and you need to tell TextWrangler to enable "Everything"
                > on the Open Dialog.
                >
                > Maredudd
                >
                > On Jul 25, 2011, at 4:20 AM, Sam Elmore wrote:
                >
                >> Hey Y'all,
                >>
                >> I'm trying to set up TextWrangler to edit the .lst files b/c JEdit
                >> seems to be screwing up my mac something terrrible! Can't see any
                >> files though in the text editor. What do I need to do to see
                >> the .lst files?
                >>
                >> Any and all help would be greatly appreciated...
                >>
                >> Thanks,
                >>
                >> Sam

                ---
                Our Lord calls us and asks us to tell him of our love and to repeat it
                over and over again all through our sufferings. Every cross, great or
                small, even small annoyances, are the voice of the Beloved. He is
                asking for a declaration of love from us to last whilst the suffering
                lasts.

                Blessed Charles de Foucauld