Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Bonusses to natural weapons

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2011

      We have a feat called Improved Natural Attack, it progresses the Natural Attack by a die size.

      As far as giving bonus special properties, there is no way to grant such things using the
      NATURALATTACKS tag. I did set up an alternate Natural Weapons Block that will allow you to add such
      things, it's a little more complex, but it makes such feats possible.

      On 6/30/2011 3:00 PM, Arjan wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I'm trying to code up 2 ways to improve natural weapons but I've got no clue how to do it.
      >
      > 1st. A feat that gives a 1d6 damage bonus to any and all natural attacks a creature has.
      > 2nd. An item that can be enchanted like a weapon which gives it's enchantment to natural weapons. I'd like to be able to make something like bracers +1 flaming which make the claws/slam/whatnot count as +1 flaming claws/slam/whatnot.
      >
      > I've got no idea where to start and if it's even possible. So, any help is appreciated.
      >
      > Thanx,
      > Arjan

    • Arjan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2011

        1: I was looking to add a 1d6 bonus. Which would get weird natural attacks like 1d8+1d6. Improved Natural Attack will work good enough as an alternative.

        2: Too bad. I searched for the Amulet of Mighty Fist for a minute but could not find it. I'll take your word for it Andrew that it is not easy. Fair enough. Can you give me a pointer where to start?

        Thanx,
        Arjan

        > We have a feat called Improved Natural Attack, it progresses the Natural Attack by a die size.
        >
        > As far as giving bonus special properties, there is no way to grant such things using the
        > NATURALATTACKS tag. I did set up an alternate Natural Weapons Block that will allow you to add such
        > things, it's a little more complex, but it makes such feats possible.
        >
        > On 6/30/2011 3:00 PM, Arjan wrote:
        > > Hi all,
        > >
        > > I'm trying to code up 2 ways to improve natural weapons but I've got no clue how to do it.
        > >
        > > 1st. A feat that gives a 1d6 damage bonus to any and all natural attacks a creature has.
        > > 2nd. An item that can be enchanted like a weapon which gives it's enchantment to natural weapons. I'd like to be able to make something like bracers +1 flaming which make the claws/slam/whatnot count as +1 flaming claws/slam/whatnot.
        > >
        > > I've got no idea where to start and if it's even possible. So, any help is appreciated.
        > >
        > > Thanx,
        > > Arjan

        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • Arjan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2011
          Snag. Improved Natural Attack will throw up a chooser. Claws and other natural weapons are not visible. Only grapple and unarmed attack. Hmmm.

          Arjan

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2011

            Improved Natural Attack only will work IF the creature has natural attacks as a proficiency...
            NATURALATTACKS grants the "attack" and the "proficiency".

            As for the alternate method:

            Set up alt natural attack block for finer control. <http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS-77>

            How To Use: You need to make an ABILITY, Here is a sample:

            Bite
            CATEGORY:Natural Attack
            TYPE:NaturalAttack
            ASPECT:NaturalAttackName|Bite
            [This is the name of the Attack that will display]
            ASPECT:NaturalAttackToHit|%1|BAB+STR
            [Formula to give the correct attack, will need a special set up or alt var if you want Weapon Focus
            or Greater Weapon Focus to work, there is NO proficiency associated with this "attack"]
            ASPECT:NaturalAttackDamage|%1d%2|BiteDamageDice|BiteDamageSize
            [Sets your damage, the nice thing is these are variable, however, these are NOT size dependent. But
            you can adjust the damage]
            DEFINE:BiteDamageDice|0
            DEFINE:BiteDamageSize|0
            BONUS:VAR|BiteDamageDice|1
            BONUS:VAR|BiteDamageSize|6
            ASPECT:NaturalAttackDamageBonus|%1|STR
            ASPECT:NaturalAttackReach|%1|REACH.VAL
            ASPECT:NaturalAttackType|Bludgeoning
            ASPECT:NaturalAttackThreatRange|%1|BiteThreatRange
            DEFINE:BiteThreatRange|0
            BONUS:VAR|BiteThreatRange|20
            For Special Attack Notes, you may either use DESC:x, or ASPECT:NaturalAttackNotes|x ASPECT would be
            used for just one note, DESC can take PRExxx and would be ideal if your attack can be given other
            things, such as level based increases.

            What can this not do - Iterative Attacks, unless you set up the ASPECT with all the Iterative
            Attacks, unfortunately, ASPECT needs work in order to fully support any Alternative Iterative
            Attacks, or partial Iterative Attacks.