Adding Spells to an Individual Wizard's Spell List?

  • Allen Cohn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2011
      Hi folks,

      In a home game I'm playing my GM allowed my wizard access to some spells not normally on the wizard's spell list. Some of these are new spells and some are existing spells not normally on the wizard spell list.

      Can you suggest a simple way (even kluge) to make these spells show up on the wizard's list (Pathfinder 5.17.7 under Windows 7).

      For example, could I make a special CLASSES tag for each spell and then create a matching template or bonus feat for the character that matches the new CLASS?

      Many thanks,
      Allen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2011
        Hi,

        SPELLKNOWN
        or
        SPELLLEVEL

        Are the tags you would want. SPELLKNOWN if you get them automatically. SPELLLEVEL if they're on your
        list to select.

        Cheers,

        On 6/3/2011 1:10 PM, Allen Cohn wrote:
        > Hi folks,
        >
        > In a home game I'm playing my GM allowed my wizard access to some spells not normally on the wizard's spell list. Some of these are new spells and some are existing spells not normally on the wizard spell list.
        >
        > Can you suggest a simple way (even kluge) to make these spells show up on the wizard's list (Pathfinder 5.17.7 under Windows 7).
        >
        > For example, could I make a special CLASSES tag for each spell and then create a matching template or bonus feat for the character that matches the new CLASS?
        >
        > Many thanks,
        > Allen

      • Allen Cohn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2011
          Thanks, Andrew.

          What type of LST file do these tags go into?

          Also, when I create the new spells that the wizard gets access to, should I just leave off the CLASSES tag (since classes will automatically have these spells on their lists) and instead grant the individual wizard access via the SPELLLEVEL tag?

          Thanks,
          Allen

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2011
            Hi,

            Those tags are "Global Other". You can place them most anywhere you'd like - Template, Ability,
            Race, Class, Domain. Template is a nice default location for things that only apply to a certain
            character. If it's a huge campaign change, then I'd just mod the spells to include the class.

            If you're creating new spells, then no, don't leave those CLASSES tag off, otherwise you'll have to
            either .MOD those spells later to include them, or create your lists using the SPELLLEVEL,
            SPELLKNOWN tags. Don't go creating more work for yourself down the line.