Trying to make a Prestige Class

  • ctess2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2003
      I just got PCGen, and I can't find anything in the help file along
      the lines of how to add a prestige class into the program. Has anyone
      out there seen or made a quick guide on how to do this?
    • andargor
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2003
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "ctess2001" <ctess2001@y...>
        wrote:
        > I just got PCGen, and I can't find anything in the help file along
        > the lines of how to add a prestige class into the program. Has anyone
        > out there seen or made a quick guide on how to do this?

        Well, there is documentation. However, with all due respect to the
        monkeys and silverbacks, it's not complete, and it probably never
        will. They are working on the code first, after all.

        However, load up PCGen, load your sources, go in Tools and choose the
        list editors. Select Classes, pick a PrC that is close to what you
        want to do, and click Copy. Make the modifications you like.

        If you don't understand something, just open up another class or read
        the docs on the syntax. That's about all the help I can give you.
        You'll have to experiment and ask questions here as you go.

        Good luck,

        Andargor
      • Kent at Home
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 11, 2003
          I posted something similar a while back, but never really got anywhere with the

          Has anyone had luck with code to add spells to a prestige class per an existing
          caster level?

          i.e., my 8th level bard will become 8th Bard / 1st xxxxxxxxxxx and will cast
          spells as though a 9th level bard.

          I've seen a couple of prestige classes in the newer books that do this. could
          anyone post a code snippet that works for them?

          Thanks, Kent
        • krazhit
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 12, 2003
            Try in your CLASS file:

            1<TAB>ADD:SPELLCASTER(ANY)

            where 1 is the class level, and <TAB> is a actual TAB
            This is covered in the DOCS under List File Editing, global tags, ADD
            tag.

            You could probably substitude ANY with Bard, if only Bards are
            allowed spell progression with that PRC.

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Kent at Home"
            <pollard_kent@h...> wrote:
            > I posted something similar a while back, but never really got
            anywhere with the

            > Has anyone had luck with code to add spells to a prestige class per
            an existing
            > caster level?
            >
            > i.e., my 8th level bard will become 8th Bard / 1st xxxxxxxxxxx and
            will cast
            > spells as though a 9th level bard.
            >
            > I've seen a couple of prestige classes in the newer books that do
            this. could
            > anyone post a code snippet that works for them?
            >
            > Thanks, Kent
          • Kent at Home
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 13, 2003
              Thanks krazhit. that worked with a manual edit for me.

              I originally tried copying an existing prestige class, but couldn't find a way
              to delete level based lines in the lst editor. Am I missing something?

              Kent