Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 5, 2011
      On 2/4/2011 10:15 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
      > No, that IS the snippet of code you wanted. But you're right; it isn't loading; I need help finding out why.

      Your example wasn't a code snippet, if that was what you are using then that would explain why it's
      not working. A code snippet is a cut/paste of the line(s) you've created in your own lst file(s) to
      help me debug your code.

      The examples I've given would be a code snippet, yes, mine are a shorthand example, but here's a
      clear example:

      Eclipse HD CATEGORY:Internal
      BONUS:VAR|EclipseHD|EclipseClassLvl DEFINE:EclipseHD|0

      That is a code snippet from my personal ability lst file. If I were trying to modify it I'd be doing

      CATEGORY=Internal|Eclipse HD.MOD TYPE:MyAbility.Hidden

      This is not a code snippet:

      TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Bullseye (for bullseye lantern), and TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Hooded (for hooded lantern).

      - What is missing?
      Well, how bout the equipment name with the mod?

      Lantern (Bullseye).MOD TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Bullseye

      Lantern (Hooded).MOD

      That's a code snippet I'd expect. A Partial line won't allow me to debug your problem, as I'm
      looking at syntax correctness, proper spelling of the equipment name, and making sure you're using
      proper characters.

      As to loading of files. You need to have your custom pcc file set up to load the files, and you need
      to be loading the pcc file that contains those files. Barring that, you'd need to be modifying the
      original lst files, which I'd highly recommend against.

      At this point I'd just prefer if you send me your files that you've got set up. I fear that the
      going back and forth isn't working as you don't comprehend my requests and the reasons for them, so
      the best way for me to resolve your issue is just to look at what you've set up and let you know why
      it's not working.