Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 4, 2011
      I'm asking if the file with your modifications is being loaded. If it's not being loaded, then no
      amount of mods will make a difference.

      Next, that's an overview of you wanted, not the snippet I requested.

      Example:

      Longsword.MOD TYPE:Ubersword
      Lantern.MOD TYPE:Hi.Bye

    • Caleb Ulfers
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 4, 2011
        No, that IS the snippet of code you wanted. But you're right; it isn't loading; I need help finding out why.

        To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
        From: drew0500@...
        Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:53:32 -0800
        Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

        I'm asking if the file with your modifications is being loaded. If it's not being loaded, then no

        amount of mods will make a difference.

        Next, that's an overview of you wanted, not the snippet I requested.

        Example:

        Longsword.MOD TYPE:Ubersword

        Lantern.MOD TYPE:Hi.Bye

        On 2/4/2011 4:39 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

        > No, it isn't. Here are my modifications: TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Bullseye (for bullseye lantern), and TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Hooded (for hooded lantern).

        > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

        > From: drew0500@...

        > Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:21:51 -0800

        > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

        > Troubleshooting 101-

        > Is the modifications being loaded in PCGen?

        > And post a snippet of your modifications here.

        > On 2/4/2011 2:46 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

        >> I should have been clearer; I AM using (Equipment Name).MOD. I added several new types to the pieces of equipment (which are part of the SRD) I am trying to modify, but it isn't working.

        >> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

        >> From: drew0500@...

        >> Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:12:56 -0800

        >> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

        >> Hi Caleb,

        >> I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

        >> FILES = NEVER CHANGE

        >> equipment_weapons.lst.MOD = WRONG

        >> Names of Equipment = May accept a MOD.

        >> Longsword.MOD = Correct

        >> Any other Tag after the 'Name' (Which is always the FIRST Object of any line), May not accept a .MOD.

        >> Longsword<> TYPE:Weapon.MOD = incorrect

        >> That exactly are you trying to Modify? Approaching from that angle will get the answer you seek.

        >> Cheers,

        >> On 2/4/2011 11:34 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

        >>> I tried MODding the Equipment file, but it hasn't been working. I also put a SOURCEDATE tag in my homebrew PCC, but that had no effect either.

        >>> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

        >>> From: drew0500@...

        >>> Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 12:38:55 -0800

        >>> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

        >>> Hi,

        >>> Equipment does accept a mod.

        >>> Longsword.MOD TYPE:Slayer

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 5, 2011
          On 2/4/2011 10:15 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
          > No, that IS the snippet of code you wanted. But you're right; it isn't loading; I need help finding out why.

          Caleb,

          Your example wasn't a code snippet, if that was what you are using then that would explain why it's
          not working. A code snippet is a cut/paste of the line(s) you've created in your own lst file(s) to
          help me debug your code.

          The examples I've given would be a code snippet, yes, mine are a shorthand example, but here's a
          clear example:

          Eclipse HD CATEGORY:Internal
          BONUS:VAR|EclipseHD|EclipseClassLvl DEFINE:EclipseHD|0

          That is a code snippet from my personal ability lst file. If I were trying to modify it I'd be doing
          this:

          CATEGORY=Internal|Eclipse HD.MOD TYPE:MyAbility.Hidden

          This is not a code snippet:

          TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Bullseye (for bullseye lantern), and TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Hooded (for hooded lantern).

          - What is missing?
          Well, how bout the equipment name with the mod?

          Lantern (Bullseye).MOD TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Bullseye

          or

          Lantern (Hooded).MOD
          TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Hooded

          That's a code snippet I'd expect. A Partial line won't allow me to debug your problem, as I'm
          looking at syntax correctness, proper spelling of the equipment name, and making sure you're using
          proper characters.

          As to loading of files. You need to have your custom pcc file set up to load the files, and you need
          to be loading the pcc file that contains those files. Barring that, you'd need to be modifying the
          original lst files, which I'd highly recommend against.

          At this point I'd just prefer if you send me your files that you've got set up. I fear that the
          going back and forth isn't working as you don't comprehend my requests and the reasons for them, so
          the best way for me to resolve your issue is just to look at what you've set up and let you know why
          it's not working.