Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2011
      files should always end in .lst, not .mod. Only Certain Items can have a .MOD.
      Ability, Feat, Equipment, etc. Individual Syntax does NOT accept .MOD

      Example

      Dodge TYPE:General

      Dodge.MOD <>TYPE:Extra

      Dodge will now have TYPE:General.Extra

      Abilities are the most complex to mod... you need to know the master category

      CATEGORY=Special Ability|Animal Companion.MOD <> TYPE:Extra

      Would add the TYPE Extra to Animal Companion.

      Class is

      CLASS:Fighter.MOD <> TYPE:Extra

      Yes, I'm just using TYPE, but it's just an example.

      Andrew

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 2, 2011
        So I guess I'll have to make new Equipment items. How would I make sure my new item overrides the old one?

        To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2011

          On 2/2/2011 8:50 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
          > So I guess I'll have to make new Equipment items.

          Huh? Where did I say that?
          *Looks back* "Ability, Feat, Equipment, etc"

          Yeah, I mentioned Equipment in that list.

          > How would I make sure my new item overrides the old one?

          Equipment Name.MOD

          And if you must absolutely duplicate, then just make sure the set has a newer date then the one the
          other equipment is in and check the "Allow newer sources to override" option.

          > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
          > From: drew0500@...
          > Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:43:13 -0800
          > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

          > files should always end in .lst, not .mod. Only Certain Items can have a .MOD.
          >
          > Ability, Feat, Equipment, etc. Individual Syntax does NOT accept .MOD
          >

          > Example
          >

          > Dodge TYPE:General
          >

          > Dodge.MOD<>TYPE:Extra
          >

          > Dodge will now have TYPE:General.Extra
          >

          > Abilities are the most complex to mod... you need to know the master category
          >

          > CATEGORY=Special Ability|Animal Companion.MOD<> TYPE:Extra
          >

          > Would add the TYPE Extra to Animal Companion.
          >

          > Class is
          >

          > CLASS:Fighter.MOD<> TYPE:Extra
          >

          > Yes, I'm just using TYPE, but it's just an example.
          >

          > Cheers,
          >

          > --
          >
          > Andrew
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Caleb Ulfers
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 3, 2011
            Since Equipment doesn't accept .MOD, how would Equipment Name. MOD work?

            To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
            From: drew0500@...
            Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 22:29:49 -0800

            Hi,

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2011

              Equipment does accept a mod.

              Longsword.MOD TYPE:Slayer
              will work just fine.

              On 2/3/2011 12:36 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
              > Since Equipment doesn't accept .MOD, how would Equipment Name. MOD work?
              >
              > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
              > From: drew0500@...
              > Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 22:29:49 -0800
              > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

              > Hi,
              >

              > On 2/2/2011 8:50 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
              >
              >> So I guess I'll have to make new Equipment items.
              >

              > Huh? Where did I say that?
              >
              > *Looks back* "Ability, Feat, Equipment, etc"
              >

              > Yeah, I mentioned Equipment in that list.
              >

              >> How would I make sure my new item overrides the old one?
              >

              > Equipment Name.MOD
              >

              > And if you must absolutely duplicate, then just make sure the set has a newer date then the one the
              >
              > other equipment is in and check the "Allow newer sources to override" option.
              >

              >> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
              >> From: drew0500@...
              >> Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:43:13 -0800
              >> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file
              >> files should always end in .lst, not .mod. Only Certain Items can have a .MOD.
              >> Ability, Feat, Equipment, etc. Individual Syntax does NOT accept .MOD
              >> Example
              >> Dodge TYPE:General
              >> Dodge.MOD<>TYPE:Extra
              >> Dodge will now have TYPE:General.Extra
              >> Abilities are the most complex to mod... you need to know the master category
              >> CATEGORY=Special Ability|Animal Companion.MOD<> TYPE:Extra
              >> Would add the TYPE Extra to Animal Companion.
              >> Class is
              >> CLASS:Fighter.MOD<> TYPE:Extra
              >> Yes, I'm just using TYPE, but it's just an example.
              >> Cheers,
              >> --
              >> Andrew
              >> ________________________________

            • Caleb Ulfers
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 4, 2011
                I tried MODding the Equipment file, but it hasn't been working. I also put a SOURCEDATE tag in my homebrew PCC, but that had no effect either.

                To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                From: drew0500@...
                Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 12:38:55 -0800

                Hi,

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 4, 2011
                  Hi Caleb,

                  I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

                  FILES = NEVER CHANGE
                  equipment_weapons.lst.MOD = WRONG

                  Names of Equipment = May accept a MOD.
                  Longsword.MOD = Correct

                  Any other Tag after the 'Name' (Which is always the FIRST Object of any line), May not accept a .MOD.
                  Longsword <> TYPE:Weapon.MOD = incorrect

                  That exactly are you trying to Modify? Approaching from that angle will get the answer you seek.

                  Cheers,

                • Caleb Ulfers
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 4, 2011
                    I should have been clearer; I AM using (Equipment Name).MOD. I added several new types to the pieces of equipment (which are part of the SRD) I am trying to modify, but it isn't working.

                    To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                    From: drew0500@...
                    Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:12:56 -0800

                    Hi Caleb,

                    I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

                    FILES = NEVER CHANGE

                    equipment_weapons.lst.MOD = WRONG

                    Names of Equipment = May accept a MOD.

                    Longsword.MOD = Correct

                    Any other Tag after the 'Name' (Which is always the FIRST Object of any line), May not accept a .MOD.

                    Longsword <> TYPE:Weapon.MOD = incorrect

                    That exactly are you trying to Modify? Approaching from that angle will get the answer you seek.

                    Cheers,

                    On 2/4/2011 11:34 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

                    > I tried MODding the Equipment file, but it hasn't been working. I also put a SOURCEDATE tag in my homebrew PCC, but that had no effect either.

                    > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

                    > From: drew0500@...

                    > Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 12:38:55 -0800

                    > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

                    > Hi,

                    > Equipment does accept a mod.

                    > Longsword.MOD TYPE:Slayer

                    > will work just fine.

                    > On 2/3/2011 12:36 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

                    >> Since Equipment doesn't accept .MOD, how would Equipment Name. MOD work?

                    >> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

                    >> From: drew0500@...

                    >> Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 22:29:49 -0800

                    >> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

                    >> Hi,

                    >> On 2/2/2011 8:50 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

                    >>> So I guess I'll have to make new Equipment items.

                    >> Huh? Where did I say that?

                    >> *Looks back* "Ability, Feat, Equipment, etc"

                    >> Yeah, I mentioned Equipment in that list.

                    >>> How would I make sure my new item overrides the old one?

                    >> Equipment Name.MOD

                    >> And if you must absolutely duplicate, then just make sure the set has a newer date then the one the

                    >> other equipment is in and check the "Allow newer sources to override" option.

                    >>> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

                    >>> From: drew0500@...

                    >>> Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:43:13 -0800

                    >>> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

                    >>> files should always end in .lst, not .mod. Only Certain Items can have a .MOD.

                    >>> Ability, Feat, Equipment, etc. Individual Syntax does NOT accept .MOD

                    >>> Example

                    >>> Dodge TYPE:General

                    >>> Dodge.MOD<>TYPE:Extra

                    >>> Dodge will now have TYPE:General.Extra

                    >>> Abilities are the most complex to mod... you need to know the master category

                    >>> CATEGORY=Special Ability|Animal Companion.MOD<> TYPE:Extra

                    >>> Would add the TYPE Extra to Animal Companion.

                    >>> Class is

                    >>> CLASS:Fighter.MOD<> TYPE:Extra

                    >>> Yes, I'm just using TYPE, but it's just an example.

                    >>> Cheers,

                    >>> --

                    >>> Andrew

                    >>> ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 4, 2011
                      Troubleshooting 101-

                      Is the modifications being loaded in PCGen?

                      And post a snippet of your modifications here.

                    • Caleb Ulfers
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 4, 2011
                        No, it isn't. Here are my modifications: TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Bullseye (for bullseye lantern), and TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Hooded (for hooded lantern).

                        To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                        From: drew0500@...
                        Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:21:51 -0800

                        Troubleshooting 101-

                        Is the modifications being loaded in PCGen?

                        And post a snippet of your modifications here.

                        On 2/4/2011 2:46 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

                        > I should have been clearer; I AM using (Equipment Name).MOD. I added several new types to the pieces of equipment (which are part of the SRD) I am trying to modify, but it isn't working.

                        > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

                        > From: drew0500@...

                        > Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:12:56 -0800

                        > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

                        > Hi Caleb,

                        > I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

                        > FILES = NEVER CHANGE

                        > equipment_weapons.lst.MOD = WRONG

                        > Names of Equipment = May accept a MOD.

                        > Longsword.MOD = Correct

                        > Any other Tag after the 'Name' (Which is always the FIRST Object of any line), May not accept a .MOD.

                        > Longsword<> TYPE:Weapon.MOD = incorrect

                        > That exactly are you trying to Modify? Approaching from that angle will get the answer you seek.

                        > Cheers,

                        > On 2/4/2011 11:34 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

                        >> I tried MODding the Equipment file, but it hasn't been working. I also put a SOURCEDATE tag in my homebrew PCC, but that had no effect either.

                        >> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

                        >> From: drew0500@...

                        >> Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 12:38:55 -0800

                        >> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

                        >> Hi,

                        >> Equipment does accept a mod.

                        >> Longsword.MOD TYPE:Slayer

                        >> will work just fine.

                        >> On 2/3/2011 12:36 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

                        >>> Since Equipment doesn't accept .MOD, how would Equipment Name. MOD work?

                        >>> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

                        >>> From: drew0500@...

                        >>> Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 22:29:49 -0800

                        >>> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

                        >>> Hi,

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 4, 2011
                          I'm asking if the file with your modifications is being loaded. If it's not being loaded, then no
                          amount of mods will make a difference.

                          Next, that's an overview of you wanted, not the snippet I requested.

                          Example:

                          Longsword.MOD TYPE:Ubersword
                          Lantern.MOD TYPE:Hi.Bye

                        • Caleb Ulfers
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 4, 2011
                            No, that IS the snippet of code you wanted. But you're right; it isn't loading; I need help finding out why.

                            To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                            From: drew0500@...
                            Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:53:32 -0800

                            I'm asking if the file with your modifications is being loaded. If it's not being loaded, then no

                            amount of mods will make a difference.

                            Next, that's an overview of you wanted, not the snippet I requested.

                            Example:

                            Longsword.MOD TYPE:Ubersword

                            Lantern.MOD TYPE:Hi.Bye

                            On 2/4/2011 4:39 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

                            > No, it isn't. Here are my modifications: TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Bullseye (for bullseye lantern), and TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Hooded (for hooded lantern).

                            > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

                            > From: drew0500@...

                            > Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:21:51 -0800

                            > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

                            > Troubleshooting 101-

                            > Is the modifications being loaded in PCGen?

                            > And post a snippet of your modifications here.

                            > On 2/4/2011 2:46 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

                            >> I should have been clearer; I AM using (Equipment Name).MOD. I added several new types to the pieces of equipment (which are part of the SRD) I am trying to modify, but it isn't working.

                            >> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

                            >> From: drew0500@...

                            >> Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:12:56 -0800

                            >> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

                            >> Hi Caleb,

                            >> I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

                            >> FILES = NEVER CHANGE

                            >> equipment_weapons.lst.MOD = WRONG

                            >> Names of Equipment = May accept a MOD.

                            >> Longsword.MOD = Correct

                            >> Any other Tag after the 'Name' (Which is always the FIRST Object of any line), May not accept a .MOD.

                            >> Longsword<> TYPE:Weapon.MOD = incorrect

                            >> That exactly are you trying to Modify? Approaching from that angle will get the answer you seek.

                            >> Cheers,

                            >> On 2/4/2011 11:34 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

                            >>> I tried MODding the Equipment file, but it hasn't been working. I also put a SOURCEDATE tag in my homebrew PCC, but that had no effect either.

                            >>> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

                            >>> From: drew0500@...

                            >>> Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 12:38:55 -0800

                            >>> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] MODding a file

                            >>> Hi,

                            >>> Equipment does accept a mod.

                            >>> Longsword.MOD TYPE:Slayer

                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 5, 2011
                              On 2/4/2011 10:15 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
                              > No, that IS the snippet of code you wanted. But you're right; it isn't loading; I need help finding out why.

                              Caleb,

                              Your example wasn't a code snippet, if that was what you are using then that would explain why it's
                              not working. A code snippet is a cut/paste of the line(s) you've created in your own lst file(s) to
                              help me debug your code.

                              The examples I've given would be a code snippet, yes, mine are a shorthand example, but here's a
                              clear example:

                              Eclipse HD CATEGORY:Internal
                              BONUS:VAR|EclipseHD|EclipseClassLvl DEFINE:EclipseHD|0

                              That is a code snippet from my personal ability lst file. If I were trying to modify it I'd be doing
                              this:

                              CATEGORY=Internal|Eclipse HD.MOD TYPE:MyAbility.Hidden

                              This is not a code snippet:

                              TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Bullseye (for bullseye lantern), and TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Hooded (for hooded lantern).

                              - What is missing?
                              Well, how bout the equipment name with the mod?

                              Lantern (Bullseye).MOD TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Bullseye

                              or

                              Lantern (Hooded).MOD
                              TYPE:Goods.General.Resizable.Container.LightSource.Hooded

                              That's a code snippet I'd expect. A Partial line won't allow me to debug your problem, as I'm
                              looking at syntax correctness, proper spelling of the equipment name, and making sure you're using
                              proper characters.

                              As to loading of files. You need to have your custom pcc file set up to load the files, and you need
                              to be loading the pcc file that contains those files. Barring that, you'd need to be modifying the
                              original lst files, which I'd highly recommend against.

                              At this point I'd just prefer if you send me your files that you've got set up. I fear that the
                              going back and forth isn't working as you don't comprehend my requests and the reasons for them, so
                              the best way for me to resolve your issue is just to look at what you've set up and let you know why
                              it's not working.