Re: dividing move in half?

  • uishu_shujo
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
      This is from pcgen_experimental
      group. Stuff out of the 'UA_OGC_materials', and I am using 5.16.4

      Slow
      TYPE:Flaw
      PREMOVE:1,Walk=20
      DESC:You move exceptionally slowly.
      BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2
      COST:0
      SOURCEPAGE:p.91
      BONUS:FEAT|POOL|1

      Thanks again

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011
        I tested this last night, with several variations. Only thing that actually
        changed the data was when I used the variable MOVEBASE which isn't the best
        method.

        We either have a bug, or we need a new tag called MOVEREDUCTION.

        I'll be conferring with the code team.

        --
        Andrew

        ________________________________
        group. Stuff out of the 'UA_OGC_materials', and I am using 5.16.4

        Slow
        TYPE:Flaw
        PREMOVE:1,Walk=20
        DESC:You move exceptionally slowly.
        BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2
        COST:0
        SOURCEPAGE:p.91
        BONUS:FEAT|POOL|1

        Thanks again

        > email me the code you have, there is a trick I know of, but I'm not remembering
        >right off the top of
        >
        > my head.
        >
        > Also, which version are you trying this in? I recall we had a bug with the
        >5.16 line that was fixed
        >
        > at least in the Trunk.
        >

        > On 2/1/2011 8:41 AM, uishu_shujo wrote:
        > > The Math still seems to not be showing up on the character sheet. I
        > > guess that's not it.
        > >

        > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@>
        > > wrote:
        > >> Hi,
        > >>

        > >> BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2 doesn't work?

        > > 'character

        > >> --
        > >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • otiendikil
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2013
          I was originally trying to use MOVEMULT to simulate the Stone of Weight (Loadstone), which cuts base land move rate in half.
          I tried BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|.5 and BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2 but didn't get any change in the result, so I went to BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|-(MOVEBASE/2) which works fine, at least for land-dwelling characters. (From the description, "It reduces the possessor's base land speed to one-half of normal.")

          ~~ Matt C