Re: dividing move in half?

  • uishu_shujo
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
      The Math still seems to not be showing up on the character sheet. I
      guess that's not it.

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...>

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
        Hi,

        email me the code you have, there is a trick I know of, but I'm not remembering right off the top of
        my head.

        Also, which version are you trying this in? I recall we had a bug with the 5.16 line that was fixed
        at least in the Trunk.

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
          This is from pcgen_experimental
          group. Stuff out of the 'UA_OGC_materials', and I am using 5.16.4

          Slow
          TYPE:Flaw
          PREMOVE:1,Walk=20
          DESC:You move exceptionally slowly.
          BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2
          COST:0
          SOURCEPAGE:p.91
          BONUS:FEAT|POOL|1

          Thanks again

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011
            I tested this last night, with several variations. Only thing that actually
            changed the data was when I used the variable MOVEBASE which isn't the best
            method.

            We either have a bug, or we need a new tag called MOVEREDUCTION.

            I'll be conferring with the code team.

            --
            Andrew

            ________________________________
            group. Stuff out of the 'UA_OGC_materials', and I am using 5.16.4

            Slow
            TYPE:Flaw
            PREMOVE:1,Walk=20
            DESC:You move exceptionally slowly.
            BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2
            COST:0
            SOURCEPAGE:p.91
            BONUS:FEAT|POOL|1

            Thanks again

            > email me the code you have, there is a trick I know of, but I'm not remembering
            >right off the top of
            >
            > my head.
            >
            > Also, which version are you trying this in? I recall we had a bug with the
            >5.16 line that was fixed
            >
            > at least in the Trunk.
            >

            > On 2/1/2011 8:41 AM, uishu_shujo wrote:
            > > The Math still seems to not be showing up on the character sheet. I
            > > guess that's not it.
            > >

            > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@>
            > > wrote:
            > >> Hi,
            > >>

            > >> BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2 doesn't work?

            > > 'character

            > >> --
            > >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

            > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • otiendikil
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2013
              I was originally trying to use MOVEMULT to simulate the Stone of Weight (Loadstone), which cuts base land move rate in half.
              I tried BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|.5 and BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2 but didn't get any change in the result, so I went to BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|-(MOVEBASE/2) which works fine, at least for land-dwelling characters. (From the description, "It reduces the possessor's base land speed to one-half of normal.")

              ~~ Matt C