dividing move in half?

  • uishu_shujo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2011
      I'm trying to use some of the flaws from UA, I got the files from
      experimental and they seem to be outdated.

      In the slow flaw I had to first change
      PREMOVE:Walk=20
      PREMOVE:1,Walk=20

      Now, it seems I need to change
      BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|.5
      as the math does not seem to be showing up correctly on the 'character
      sheet' tab. So, what do I need to do to half walk speed?
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 30, 2011

        BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2 doesn't work?

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
          The Math still seems to not be showing up on the character sheet. I
          guess that's not it.

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...>

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011

            email me the code you have, there is a trick I know of, but I'm not remembering right off the top of
            my head.

            Also, which version are you trying this in? I recall we had a bug with the 5.16 line that was fixed
            at least in the Trunk.

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2011
              This is from pcgen_experimental
              group. Stuff out of the 'UA_OGC_materials', and I am using 5.16.4

              Slow
              TYPE:Flaw
              PREMOVE:1,Walk=20
              DESC:You move exceptionally slowly.
              BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2
              COST:0
              SOURCEPAGE:p.91
              BONUS:FEAT|POOL|1

              Thanks again

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2011
                I tested this last night, with several variations. Only thing that actually
                changed the data was when I used the variable MOVEBASE which isn't the best
                method.

                We either have a bug, or we need a new tag called MOVEREDUCTION.

                I'll be conferring with the code team.

                --
                Andrew

                ________________________________
                group. Stuff out of the 'UA_OGC_materials', and I am using 5.16.4

                Slow
                TYPE:Flaw
                PREMOVE:1,Walk=20
                DESC:You move exceptionally slowly.
                BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2
                COST:0
                SOURCEPAGE:p.91
                BONUS:FEAT|POOL|1

                Thanks again

                > email me the code you have, there is a trick I know of, but I'm not remembering
                >right off the top of
                >
                > my head.
                >
                > Also, which version are you trying this in? I recall we had a bug with the
                >5.16 line that was fixed
                >
                > at least in the Trunk.
                >

                > On 2/1/2011 8:41 AM, uishu_shujo wrote:
                > > The Math still seems to not be showing up on the character sheet. I
                > > guess that's not it.
                > >

                > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@>
                > > wrote:
                > >> Hi,
                > >>

                > >> BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2 doesn't work?

                > > 'character

                > >> --
                > >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                > >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

                > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              • otiendikil
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 2, 2013
                  I was originally trying to use MOVEMULT to simulate the Stone of Weight (Loadstone), which cuts base land move rate in half.
                  I tried BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|.5 and BONUS:MOVEMULT|TYPE.Walk|/2 but didn't get any change in the result, so I went to BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|-(MOVEBASE/2) which works fine, at least for land-dwelling characters. (From the description, "It reduces the possessor's base land speed to one-half of normal.")

                  ~~ Matt C