Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: PCGen 5.17.4 (Alpha) Released

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2010

      On 11/30/2010 3:51 PM, Allen Cohn wrote:
      > Sorry...this is probably going to be a dumb question, but...

      No question is dumb. We'd rather you know the answer then be annoyed in ignorance.

      > I never quite understood the parallel development forks for 5.16 and 5.17.

      5.16 was the last development line. 5.17 is the current trunk with new code development, performance
      improvements, and many many bug fixes. If you want cutting edge but a high probability of bugs and
      problems, then switch to the 5.17.

      > It sounds like 5.16.4 is the last release in the 5.16 path.
      >
      > * If I want to stay up to date with the "latest and greatest" should I hop on over to 5.17.4 now?
      >
      > * Are 5.16.4 LST files compatible with 5.17.4? (I got the feeling the answer is "not entirely.")

      Yes.

      > * If not, is there an automated tool that I can use to convert my homebrew files to 5.17?

      Yes.