Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Including items in a kit

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 4, 2010

      I'm not sure if Kits are .MOD'able'.

      STARTKIT:Blah.MOD
      GEAR:<itemName>

      Should do the trick, that's assuming the Kit is modifiable.

      On 10/4/2010 5:22 PM, CalebU wrote:
      > I want to know how include an item in another 3rd edition Dungeons& Dragons book in the appropriate kit in the SRD.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • Caleb Ulfers
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 4, 2010
        Why shouldn't Kits be modifiable?

        To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
        From: drew0500@...
        Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 18:37:56 -0700
        Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Including items in a kit

        Hi,

        I'm not sure if Kits are .MOD'able'.

        STARTKIT:Blah.MOD

        GEAR:<itemName>

        Should do the trick, that's assuming the Kit is modifiable.

        On 10/4/2010 5:22 PM, CalebU wrote:

        > I want to know how include an item in another 3rd edition Dungeons& Dragons book in the appropriate kit in the SRD.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
          Code support might not be there.

          On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Caleb Ulfers <culfers@...> wrote:

          > Why shouldn't Kits be modifiable?
          >
          > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
          > From: drew0500@...
          > Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 18:37:56 -0700
          > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Including items in a kit

          > Hi,
          >

          > I'm not sure if Kits are .MOD'able'.
          >

          > STARTKIT:Blah.MOD
          >
          > GEAR:<itemName>
          >

          > Should do the trick, that's assuming the Kit is modifiable.
          >

          > On 10/4/2010 5:22 PM, CalebU wrote:
          >
          > > I want to know how include an item in another 3rd edition Dungeons&
          > Dragons book in the appropriate kit in the SRD.

          > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

        • Caleb Ulfers
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010
            I just realized; when I mentioned (and when I mention "kits" later in this email) "kits", what I meant by the term was "group of items for doing a specific task". I wanted to add items to a kit, so I have a question. Do circumstance bonuses stack (unless otherwise noted in the books from which the information was taken)?

            To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
            From: martijnverburg@...
            Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 08:56:13 +0100

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 5, 2010

              Oh, Thieves Tool Kit, type of deal...

              Yeah, KIT has a completely different meaning around here.

              And it means something even more different to those of us from the 2nd Edition days...

              A KIT can be a single tool, it's not a "Bundle" to PCGen, use on line for your KIT and you'll be
              fine. Use SPROP to describe it if you like, but other than that, just put the bonus in it and you
              should be good to go.

              Dodge Stacks, Circumstances Stack IIRC, beyond that, nothing should really be stacking.

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 7, 2010
                Thieves Tool Kit? I looked in both the rsrd.equip.lst file and the srd.equip.lst file, but only saw Thieves' Tools in both files, with no mention of a Thieves' Tools Kit. Where did you get that reference?

                To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                From: drew0500@...
                Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 18:16:10 -0700

                Hi,

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 9, 2010
                  I think Andrew was using that as a generic term. I believe the Kit you are
                  referring to is a grouping of equipment items correct? So say a grouping of
                  items that make up a dungeoneering kit..

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 9, 2010
                    The kit (small k; this is in the equipment.lst file) I was referring to is the climber's kit in the D&D 3.0 Player's Handbook. I was wondering how to add an item to it which grants a bonus to Climb checks made using only one rope. I assume that the Player's Handbook climbing kit only gives its bonus to Climb checks not made using one rope.

                    To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                    From: martijnverburg@...
                    Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 10:09:05 +0100

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 9, 2010
                      And yes, the kit I am referring to in the email below is a group of items.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 9, 2010

                        Yes, you can make a "single" item that encompasses a "kit" and have the bonuses applied to it via
                        that one kit.

                        As an example:

                        Climbing Kit of the Great Mountaineers' Survivalists
                        TYPE:Goods.Kit.Misc
                        BONUS:SKILL|Climb|2
                        SPROP:This kit includes, a pick, rope, pitons, harness, three days of rations, a glowrod and a
                        grappling hook. It provides a +2 bonus to all climb checks when used.

                        See, a "kit" is a single item in pcgen, for the bonus, if you want to add actual rope, pitons,
                        rations, a harness, and grappling hook to the inventory, by all means feel free. But if you want a
                        premade kit that lists the items, that's how I would code it up.

                        Cheers,

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 9, 2010
                          Thanks for the info.

                          To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                          From: drew0500@...
                          Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 10:48:10 -0700

                          Hi,

> [...]

                          >>> Hi,

                          >>> Oh, Thieves Tool Kit, type of deal...

                          >>> Yeah, KIT has a completely different meaning around here.

                          >>> And it means something even more different to those of us from the 2nd

                          >>> Edition days...

                          >>> A KIT can be a single tool, it's not a "Bundle" to PCGen, use on line for

                          >>> your KIT and you'll be

                          >>> fine. Use SPROP to describe it if you like, but other than that, just put

                          >>> the bonus in it and you

                          >>> should be good to go.

                          >>> Dodge Stacks, Circumstances Stack IIRC, beyond that, nothing should really

                          >>> be stacking.

                          >>> this email) "kits", what I meant by the term was "group of items for doing a

                          >>> specific task". I wanted to add items to a kit, so I have a question. Do

                          >>> circumstance bonuses stack (unless otherwise noted in the books from which

                          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin