Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] magic fang (greater) temporary bonus

  • maredudd@blackroot.org
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2010
      Hi Folks!

      What gameMode and datasets are you using?

      Maredudd

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2010
        PCGEN 5.17.1srd3.5is this what you wanted to know?

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2010

          What version?
          How are you applying it to the Animal?
          What steps are you taking to determine it's applied and not working?

          On 10/4/2010 11:18 AM, Gustavo Oliveira wrote:
          > when magic fang is applied as a temporary bonus under "inventory"; no bonus is applied to the animal. Am I doing something wrong? or is this an unresolved glitch?

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        • Gustavo Oliveira
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2010
            Hey master chimp!
            here we go:
            Under the inventory tabunder the temporary bonuses tabI opened SpellI clicked Magic Fang (Greater) on a pegasus mountthen two lines appear on the right screen: Bite (Natural/Secondary) and Hoof (Natural/Primary)
            Then I select Bite (Natural/Secondary) and click on apply bonusthen I select Hoof (Natural/Primary) and click on apply bonus
            Below, line appear: Magic Fang (Greater)  [Hoof (Natural/Primary)]WEAPONTOHIT,DAMAGE5.0
            Same thing for Bite.
            I print out a character sheet and the bonuses haven't been applied.  I look under the tap "Character sheet" and the bonus weren't applied.
            Does that answer the question, Andrew, or not yet?

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2010
              Hi Gus,

              Real quick note - Bugs or Issues with the program belong in the Main List. Since applying a feature
              included in pcgen doesn't have anything to do with actual LST coding, debugging or assistance with
              said coding.

              Now, to finish off this topic quickly - When you selected the Spell, did a Pop Up Box appear with
              numbers and little buttons next to those numbers?

              Did you select a number by any chance?

              Afterwards, did you notice any new equipment in your inventory that needed to be equipped?

              The reason I ask, I made a Monk, applied the bonus, chose Level 20 for the Magic Fang (Greater),
              noticed a New Flurry of Blows with the +5 to Hit and Damage. Flurry of Blows for Monks are granted
              automatically (An excellent feature if I might say so myself ;) ), which meant I have two Flurry of
              Blows listed on my character sheet.

              As far as I can tell, things are working fine. I tested in 5.16.4 since that's the version I had open.

              Anyways, it's bed time.

              Cheers,