Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010

      Monk is NOT a base class in Modern. It's an Advanced Class.

      Choose a Stat and that's the Base Class.
      Strong
      Quick
      etc...

      Modern is set to have 10 Levels of a Base Class and 10 Advanced or Prestige Classes.

      But that is neither here nor there. Modern is a completely different system.

      On 10/2/2010 10:09 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
      > What do you mean by, "Monk is an Advanced Class"?
      >
      > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
      > From: drew0500@...
      > Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:44:15 -0700
      > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

      > Hi,
      >

      > Heh, well looks like standardization rules...
      >

      > That will work for Pathfinder, 3e, and 3.5e. I haven't looked at Modern, but Monk is an Advanced
      >
      > Class, so not even sure.
      >

      > On 10/1/2010 5:39 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
      >
      >> Hi,
      >> For a 3rd Edition Monk use the following, all on one line.
      >> CATEGORY=Special Ability|Monk Weapon Proficiencies.MOD
      >> AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Name of Weapon Prof1|Name of Weapon Prof2
      >> Cheers,
      >> On 10/1/2010 5:33 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
      >>> Oh, sorry; I should have realized that there are multiple sets which use the same classes. I'm doing this for a 3rd edition monk.
      >>> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
      >>> From: drew0500@...
      >>> Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:26:01 -0700
      >>> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons
      >>> Hi,
      >>> Which monk?
      >>> It helps to be a bit specific as we have several versions of the monk as seen below:
      >>> Pathfinder?
      >>> 3e?
      >>> 3.5e?
      >>> Modern?
      >>> Gaslight?
      >>> Other?

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010

        Ability File is where you'll want to place the code.

        See the

        CATEGORY=Special Ability|<Name>.MOD
        Is an ability modification code.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • Caleb Ulfers
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
          I just thought of something; do MODded files override the original (un-MODded) files?

          To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
          From: drew0500@...
          Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 15:29:21 -0700
          Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

          Hi,

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010

            MOD files overwrite, or "MODify" the files. So yes, when you .MOD a feat, ability, template or
            class, you are MODIFYING the original.