RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

  • Caleb Ulfers
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
      What do you mean by, "Monk is an Advanced Class"?

      To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
      From: drew0500@...
      Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:44:15 -0700
      Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

      Hi,

      Heh, well looks like standardization rules...

      That will work for Pathfinder, 3e, and 3.5e. I haven't looked at Modern, but Monk is an Advanced

      Class, so not even sure.

      On 10/1/2010 5:39 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:

      > Hi,

      > For a 3rd Edition Monk use the following, all on one line.

      > CATEGORY=Special Ability|Monk Weapon Proficiencies.MOD

      > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Name of Weapon Prof1|Name of Weapon Prof2

      > Cheers,

      > On 10/1/2010 5:33 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

      >> Oh, sorry; I should have realized that there are multiple sets which use the same classes. I'm doing this for a 3rd edition monk.

      >> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

      >> From: drew0500@...

      >> Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:26:01 -0700

      >> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

      >> Hi,

      >> Which monk?

      >> It helps to be a bit specific as we have several versions of the monk as seen below:

      >> Pathfinder?

      >> 3e?

      >> 3.5e?

      >> Modern?

      >> Gaslight?

      >> Other?

      >> On 10/1/2010 5:21 PM, CalebU wrote:

      >>> I want to add some new weapons to the monk's list of proficiencies. How would I do this?

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • Caleb Ulfers
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
        Oh, I forgot to ask, in which lst file should I put the aforementioned line of code?

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010

          Monk is NOT a base class in Modern. It's an Advanced Class.

          Choose a Stat and that's the Base Class.
          Strong
          Quick
          etc...

          Modern is set to have 10 Levels of a Base Class and 10 Advanced or Prestige Classes.

          But that is neither here nor there. Modern is a completely different system.

          On 10/2/2010 10:09 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
          > What do you mean by, "Monk is an Advanced Class"?
          >
          > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
          > From: drew0500@...
          > Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:44:15 -0700
          > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

          > Hi,
          >

          > Heh, well looks like standardization rules...
          >

          > That will work for Pathfinder, 3e, and 3.5e. I haven't looked at Modern, but Monk is an Advanced
          >
          > Class, so not even sure.
          >

          > On 10/1/2010 5:39 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
          >
          >> Hi,
          >> For a 3rd Edition Monk use the following, all on one line.
          >> CATEGORY=Special Ability|Monk Weapon Proficiencies.MOD
          >> AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Name of Weapon Prof1|Name of Weapon Prof2
          >> Cheers,
          >> On 10/1/2010 5:33 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
          >>> Oh, sorry; I should have realized that there are multiple sets which use the same classes. I'm doing this for a 3rd edition monk.
          >>> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
          >>> From: drew0500@...
          >>> Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:26:01 -0700
          >>> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons
          >>> Hi,
          >>> Which monk?
          >>> It helps to be a bit specific as we have several versions of the monk as seen below:
          >>> Pathfinder?
          >>> 3e?
          >>> 3.5e?
          >>> Modern?
          >>> Gaslight?

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010

            Ability File is where you'll want to place the code.

            See the

            CATEGORY=Special Ability|<Name>.MOD
            Is an ability modification code.

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
              I just thought of something; do MODded files override the original (un-MODded) files?

              To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
              From: drew0500@...
              Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 15:29:21 -0700

              Hi,

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010

                MOD files overwrite, or "MODify" the files. So yes, when you .MOD a feat, ability, template or
                class, you are MODIFYING the original.