Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
      Hi,

      For a 3rd Edition Monk use the following, all on one line.

      CATEGORY=Special Ability|Monk Weapon Proficiencies.MOD
      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Name of Weapon Prof1|Name of Weapon Prof2

      Cheers,

      On 10/1/2010 5:33 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
      > Oh, sorry; I should have realized that there are multiple sets which use the same classes. I'm doing this for a 3rd edition monk.
      >
      > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
      > From: drew0500@...
      > Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:26:01 -0700
      > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

      > Hi,
      >

      > Which monk?
      >

      > It helps to be a bit specific as we have several versions of the monk as seen below:
      >
      > Pathfinder?
      >
      > 3e?
      >
      > 3.5e?
      >
      > Modern?
      >
      > Gaslight?
      >
      > Other?
      >

      > On 10/1/2010 5:21 PM, CalebU wrote:
      >
      >> I want to add some new weapons to the monk's list of proficiencies. How would I do this?

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
        Hi,

        Heh, well looks like standardization rules...

        That will work for Pathfinder, 3e, and 3.5e. I haven't looked at Modern, but Monk is an Advanced
        Class, so not even sure.

        On 10/1/2010 5:39 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > For a 3rd Edition Monk use the following, all on one line.
        >
        > CATEGORY=Special Ability|Monk Weapon Proficiencies.MOD
        > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Name of Weapon Prof1|Name of Weapon Prof2
        >
        > Cheers,
        >

        > On 10/1/2010 5:33 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
        >> Oh, sorry; I should have realized that there are multiple sets which use the same classes. I'm doing this for a 3rd edition monk.
        >>
        >> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
        >> From: drew0500@...
        >> Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:26:01 -0700
        >> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

        >> Hi,
        >>

        >> Which monk?
        >>

        >> It helps to be a bit specific as we have several versions of the monk as seen below:
        >>
        >> Pathfinder?
        >>
        >> 3e?
        >>
        >> 3.5e?
        >>
        >> Modern?
        >>
        >> Gaslight?
        >>
        >> Other?
        >>

        >> On 10/1/2010 5:21 PM, CalebU wrote:
        >>
        >>> I want to add some new weapons to the monk's list of proficiencies. How would I do this?

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • Caleb Ulfers
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
          What do you mean by, "Monk is an Advanced Class"?

          To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
          From: drew0500@...
          Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:44:15 -0700
          Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
            Oh, I forgot to ask, in which lst file should I put the aforementioned line of code?

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
              Hi,

              Monk is NOT a base class in Modern. It's an Advanced Class.

              Choose a Stat and that's the Base Class.
              Strong
              Quick
              etc...

              Modern is set to have 10 Levels of a Base Class and 10 Advanced or Prestige Classes.

              But that is neither here nor there. Modern is a completely different system.

              On 10/2/2010 10:09 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
              > What do you mean by, "Monk is an Advanced Class"?
              >
              > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
              > From: drew0500@...
              > Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:44:15 -0700
              > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

              > Hi,
              >

              > Heh, well looks like standardization rules...
              >

              > That will work for Pathfinder, 3e, and 3.5e. I haven't looked at Modern, but Monk is an Advanced
              >
              > Class, so not even sure.
              >

              > On 10/1/2010 5:39 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
              >
              >> Hi,
              >> For a 3rd Edition Monk use the following, all on one line.
              >> CATEGORY=Special Ability|Monk Weapon Proficiencies.MOD
              >> AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Name of Weapon Prof1|Name of Weapon Prof2
              >> Cheers,
              >> On 10/1/2010 5:33 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
              >>> Oh, sorry; I should have realized that there are multiple sets which use the same classes. I'm doing this for a 3rd edition monk.
              >>> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
              >>> From: drew0500@...
              >>> Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:26:01 -0700
              >>> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons
              >>> Hi,
              >>> Which monk?
              >>> It helps to be a bit specific as we have several versions of the monk as seen below:
              >>> Pathfinder?
              >>> 3e?
              >>> 3.5e?
              >>> Modern?
              >>> Gaslight?

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                Hi,

                Ability File is where you'll want to place the code.

                See the

                CATEGORY=Special Ability|<Name>.MOD
                Is an ability modification code.

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                  I just thought of something; do MODded files override the original (un-MODded) files?

                  To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                  From: drew0500@...
                  Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 15:29:21 -0700

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                    Hi,

                    MOD files overwrite, or "MODify" the files. So yes, when you .MOD a feat, ability, template or
                    class, you are MODIFYING the original.