Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
      Hi,

      Which monk?

      It helps to be a bit specific as we have several versions of the monk as seen below:
      Pathfinder?
      3e?
      3.5e?
      Modern?
      Gaslight?
      Other?

      On 10/1/2010 5:21 PM, CalebU wrote:
      > I want to add some new weapons to the monk's list of proficiencies. How would I do this?

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • Caleb Ulfers
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
        Oh, sorry; I should have realized that there are multiple sets which use the same classes. I'm doing this for a 3rd edition monk.

        To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
        From: drew0500@...
        Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:26:01 -0700
        Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
          Hi,

          For a 3rd Edition Monk use the following, all on one line.

          CATEGORY=Special Ability|Monk Weapon Proficiencies.MOD
          AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Name of Weapon Prof1|Name of Weapon Prof2

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
            Hi,

            Heh, well looks like standardization rules...

            That will work for Pathfinder, 3e, and 3.5e. I haven't looked at Modern, but Monk is an Advanced
            Class, so not even sure.

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
              What do you mean by, "Monk is an Advanced Class"?

              To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
              From: drew0500@...
              Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:44:15 -0700

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                Oh, I forgot to ask, in which lst file should I put the aforementioned line of code?

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                  Hi,

                  Monk is NOT a base class in Modern. It's an Advanced Class.

                  Choose a Stat and that's the Base Class.
                  Strong
                  Quick
                  etc...

                  Modern is set to have 10 Levels of a Base Class and 10 Advanced or Prestige Classes.

                  But that is neither here nor there. Modern is a completely different system.

                  On 10/2/2010 10:09 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
                  > What do you mean by, "Monk is an Advanced Class"?
                  >
                  > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: drew0500@...
                  > Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:44:15 -0700
                  > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

                  > Hi,
                  >

                  > Heh, well looks like standardization rules...
                  >

                  > That will work for Pathfinder, 3e, and 3.5e. I haven't looked at Modern, but Monk is an Advanced
                  >
                  > Class, so not even sure.
                  >

                  > On 10/1/2010 5:39 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                  >
                  >> Hi,
                  >> For a 3rd Edition Monk use the following, all on one line.
                  >> CATEGORY=Special Ability|Monk Weapon Proficiencies.MOD
                  >> AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Name of Weapon Prof1|Name of Weapon Prof2
                  >> Cheers,
                  >> On 10/1/2010 5:33 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
                  >>> Oh, sorry; I should have realized that there are multiple sets which use the same classes. I'm doing this for a 3rd edition monk.
                  >>> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                  >>> From: drew0500@...
                  >>> Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:26:01 -0700
                  >>> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons
                  >>> Hi,
                  >>> Which monk?
                  >>> It helps to be a bit specific as we have several versions of the monk as seen below:
                  >>> Pathfinder?
                  >>> 3e?
                  >>> 3.5e?
                  >>> Modern?
                  >>> Gaslight?

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                    Hi,

                    Ability File is where you'll want to place the code.

                    See the

                    CATEGORY=Special Ability|<Name>.MOD
                    Is an ability modification code.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                      I just thought of something; do MODded files override the original (un-MODded) files?

                      To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                      From: drew0500@...
                      Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 15:29:21 -0700

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                        Hi,

                        MOD files overwrite, or "MODify" the files. So yes, when you .MOD a feat, ability, template or
                        class, you are MODIFYING the original.