Adding weapons

  • CalebU
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
      I want to add some new weapons to the monk's list of proficiencies. How would I do this?
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010

        Which monk?

        It helps to be a bit specific as we have several versions of the monk as seen below:
        Pathfinder?
        3e?
        3.5e?
        Modern?
        Gaslight?
        Other?

        On 10/1/2010 5:21 PM, CalebU wrote:
        > I want to add some new weapons to the monk's list of proficiencies. How would I do this?

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • Caleb Ulfers
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010
          Oh, sorry; I should have realized that there are multiple sets which use the same classes. I'm doing this for a 3rd edition monk.

          To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
          From: drew0500@...
          Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:26:01 -0700
          Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

          Hi,

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010

            For a 3rd Edition Monk use the following, all on one line.

            CATEGORY=Special Ability|Monk Weapon Proficiencies.MOD
            AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Name of Weapon Prof1|Name of Weapon Prof2

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2010

              Heh, well looks like standardization rules...

              That will work for Pathfinder, 3e, and 3.5e. I haven't looked at Modern, but Monk is an Advanced
              Class, so not even sure.

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                What do you mean by, "Monk is an Advanced Class"?

                To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                From: drew0500@...
                Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:44:15 -0700

                Hi,

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                  Oh, I forgot to ask, in which lst file should I put the aforementioned line of code?

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010

                    Monk is NOT a base class in Modern. It's an Advanced Class.

                    Choose a Stat and that's the Base Class.
                    Strong
                    Quick
                    etc...

                    Modern is set to have 10 Levels of a Base Class and 10 Advanced or Prestige Classes.

                    But that is neither here nor there. Modern is a completely different system.

                    On 10/2/2010 10:09 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
                    > What do you mean by, "Monk is an Advanced Class"?
                    >
                    > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: drew0500@...
                    > Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:44:15 -0700
                    > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons

                    > Hi,
                    >

                    > Heh, well looks like standardization rules...
                    >

                    > That will work for Pathfinder, 3e, and 3.5e. I haven't looked at Modern, but Monk is an Advanced
                    >
                    > Class, so not even sure.
                    >

                    > On 10/1/2010 5:39 PM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                    >
                    >> Hi,
                    >> For a 3rd Edition Monk use the following, all on one line.
                    >> CATEGORY=Special Ability|Monk Weapon Proficiencies.MOD
                    >> AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Name of Weapon Prof1|Name of Weapon Prof2
                    >> Cheers,
                    >> On 10/1/2010 5:33 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
                    >>> Oh, sorry; I should have realized that there are multiple sets which use the same classes. I'm doing this for a 3rd edition monk.
                    >>> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                    >>> From: drew0500@...
                    >>> Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:26:01 -0700
                    >>> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Adding weapons
                    >>> Hi,
                    >>> Which monk?
                    >>> It helps to be a bit specific as we have several versions of the monk as seen below:
                    >>> Pathfinder?
                    >>> 3e?
                    >>> 3.5e?
                    >>> Modern?
                    >>> Gaslight?

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010

                      Ability File is where you'll want to place the code.

                      See the

                      CATEGORY=Special Ability|<Name>.MOD
                      Is an ability modification code.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010
                        I just thought of something; do MODded files override the original (un-MODded) files?

                        To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                        From: drew0500@...
                        Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 15:29:21 -0700

                        Hi,

                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 2, 2010

                          MOD files overwrite, or "MODify" the files. So yes, when you .MOD a feat, ability, template or
                          class, you are MODIFYING the original.