Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Coding a creature's attack stat

  • Susan Dittmar
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 17 12:30 AM
      Hi Caleb,

      Quoting Caleb Ulfers (culfers@...):
      > I don't need to change anything. I need to code the melee attack for a
      > Tiny CR 1/2 vermin-type creature (it's not a monster per se, actually it
      > is part of a piece of equipment I am coding up).

      PCGen can't do 'monster that is not a monster', but probably this
      distinction is quite unnecessary here. I think you should create the item
      with all the item traits and the creature with all the creature traits and
      leave the decision when to look at which character sheet to the gaming
      table.

      Now having said this, I think it should be easy to add an attack option to
      such vermin. Did you have a look at for example the vermin in the RSRD
      (File data/d20ogl/srd35/monsters/rsrd_races__vermin.lst)? The
      BONUS:WEAPONPROF=... stuff is for correcting the primary/secondary attack
      stuff, the NATURALATTACKS entries define its attacks.

      As to creating the monster, chose stats, then choose the race, and then
      choose one level of the appropriate vermin class (I don't remember if there's
      more than one vermin class, and I don't have the files here to look it up).
      Perhaps you still need to equip the pseudo weapon (like 'bite') for the
      natural attack to show up on the creature's sheet.

      Hope that helps,

      Susan