Gaining and losing templates - also bug?

  • distant_scholar
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2010
      RSRD, although my Pathfinder version did the same thing.

      Try this:
      - Make a xeph (which has the Psionic template)
      - Look at the character sheet: the race is xeph (psionic) [good!]
      - Add a class (to get a feat)
      - Take the Wild Talent feat (which adds the Psionic template)
      - Look at the character sheet: still xeph (psionic) [good!]
      - Remove the Wild Talent feat
      - Look at the character sheet: the race is just xeph, no psionic [bad!]

      Is there a way to code this up so that a character only loses the Psionic template if it doesn't have it some other way (race, class, some other feat...)?

      I'm trying to code up a race that is psionic, and can choose between taking Wild Talent and Psionic Talent based on certain conditions. Starting with Wild Talent and then removing it to switch to Psionic Talent causes the above problem.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2010

        Sounds like an order of operation bug in play. But I'd need to look at it to give a definite answer
        either way. My guess is the Race and Feat grant the same template, and the Feat being removed
        removes said template not realizing the template is still in effect from the race.

        On 9/5/2010 5:52 AM, distant_scholar wrote:
        > RSRD, although my Pathfinder version did the same thing.
        >
        > Try this:
        > - Make a xeph (which has the Psionic template)
        > - Look at the character sheet: the race is xeph (psionic) [good!]
        > - Add a class (to get a feat)
        > - Take the Wild Talent feat (which adds the Psionic template)
        > - Look at the character sheet: still xeph (psionic) [good!]
        > - Remove the Wild Talent feat
        > - Look at the character sheet: the race is just xeph, no psionic [bad!]
        >
        > Is there a way to code this up so that a character only loses the Psionic template if it doesn't have it some other way (race, class, some other feat...)?
        >
        > I'm trying to code up a race that is psionic, and can choose between taking Wild Talent and Psionic Talent based on certain conditions. Starting with Wild Talent and then removing it to switch to Psionic Talent causes the above problem.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin