Re: New Feat

  • balingar
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
      PCGEN 5.16
      using 3.5 RSRD

      Okay @ 8th level, No "NewFeat" and all looks right.
      Now @ 12th level, No "NewFeat" and when I select "Update from Master" on the Lizard it give the lizard 4 more HD. It should Only get 2 more HD. hmmm

      I built a brand new ranger... made him 8th level... slected monitor lizard as animal companion...all good.
      added 4 levels to level 12, Companion should now be (6 - 3) 3rd level on the chart. when updating from master it gives the lizard 4 HD not 2.
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2010

        *Sigh* It's going to be one of those days huh?

        Okay, so it works in 5.16.3, but now the Bonus Tricks aren't working.

        Which Data Sets are you loading? I hate to investigate the wrong sets.

        In fact, let's do this step by step

        What is the main character, and then what animal are you loading

        I want Alignment, Race, Classes(s) and Levels
        Stats are appreciated.

        And then the Animal, is there anything different then the base items?

        I'll try and get on this tonight before I head to bed.

        On 9/3/2010 3:06 PM, balingar wrote:
        > It worked in 5163
        > however the program is not giving the animal companion it's "bonus" tricks that they get.
        > John
        >
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@...> wrote:
        >> Let me know. I won't be able to test this till later tonight.
        >> --
        >> Andrew

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • balingar
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
          PCGEN - 5163
          Using only 3.5 RSRD Source
          I just created a new Ranger level 8/NG/Human
          15 in all stats
          Selected Monitor Lizard as Animal Companion.
          After loading the Animal's "sheet" I went to it's class abilities and can only select 3 Tricks.
          A monitor lizard has a 1 INT so normaly it could only learn 3 tricks, but as an animal companion it get bonus tricks above and beyond what it can normaly learn.

          Thanks,
          John
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
            Hi John,

            First off, please start a new thread when you have a new topic. Otherwise you confuse the poor
            monkeys that monitor the threads.

            Ugh, I could've sworn that was working. I'll take a quick peek. Does the Pathfinder equivalent work
            for you?

            Second thing, this is technically a bug report and those should be reported on the main list. This
            list is for help coding up homebrew items. If you are reporting a bug it's also best to include
            [Bug] in the subject line. That attracts the attention of the tracker monkeys and the Monkeys that
            review bugs. (I know, I tend to do all of those things, so people don't realize we have others that
            specifically focus on one of those areas).

            On 9/7/2010 8:27 AM, balingar wrote:
            > PCGEN - 5163
            > Using only 3.5 RSRD Source
            > I just created a new Ranger level 8/NG/Human
            > 15 in all stats
            > Selected Monitor Lizard as Animal Companion.
            > After loading the Animal's "sheet" I went to it's class abilities and can only select 3 Tricks.
            > A monitor lizard has a 1 INT so normaly it could only learn 3 tricks, but as an animal companion it get bonus tricks above and beyond what it can normaly learn.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > John

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
              Okay. I'll be investigating these issues in a bit.

               --
              Andrew

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
                Testing in trunk - works as expected.