Re: New Feat

  • balingar
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
      PCGEN 5.16
      using 3.5 RSRD

      Okay @ 8th level, No "NewFeat" and all looks right.
      Now @ 12th level, No "NewFeat" and when I select "Update from Master" on the Lizard it give the lizard 4 more HD. It should Only get 2 more HD. hmmm

      I built a brand new ranger... made him 8th level... slected monitor lizard as animal companion...all good.
      added 4 levels to level 12, Companion should now be (6 - 3) 3rd level on the chart. when updating from master it gives the lizard 4 HD not 2.
    • balingar
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
        PcGen 5162
        I will try all this in 5163

        > Okay, so we have an issue somewhere:
        >
        > El Lizardo is -3 to the Effective Level
        > Ranger Is Level 6 with the +3 boost, so El Lizardo should be at 3rd level on the
        > chart.
        >
        > Now, correct me if I'm wrong - does the lizard work fine when you are 8th level
        > without the Feat?
        >
        > 8 /2 = 4 with Lizard 1
        >
        > I'm wondering if it's a Feat issue, LST Issue, or Code issue.
        >
        > Which version of PCGen are you using?
        >
        >  --
        > Andrew
        >

        > ________________________________

      • balingar
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
          Seems to work in 5163.

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
            Let me know. I won't be able to test this till later tonight.
             --
            Andrew

            ________________________________
            > Ranger Is Level 6 with the +3 boost, so El Lizardo should be at 3rd level on
            >the
            >
            > chart.
            >
            > Now, correct me if I'm wrong - does the lizard work fine when you are 8th level
            >
            > without the Feat?
            >
            > 8 /2 = 4 with Lizard 1
            >
            > I'm wondering if it's a Feat issue, LST Issue, or Code issue.
            >
            > Which version of PCGen are you using?
            >
            >  --
            > Andrew
            >

            > ________________________________

          • balingar
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
              It worked in 5163
              however the program is not giving the animal companion it's "bonus" tricks that they get.
              John

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 4, 2010

                *Sigh* It's going to be one of those days huh?

                Okay, so it works in 5.16.3, but now the Bonus Tricks aren't working.

                Which Data Sets are you loading? I hate to investigate the wrong sets.

                In fact, let's do this step by step

                What is the main character, and then what animal are you loading

                I want Alignment, Race, Classes(s) and Levels
                Stats are appreciated.

                And then the Animal, is there anything different then the base items?

                I'll try and get on this tonight before I head to bed.

                On 9/3/2010 3:06 PM, balingar wrote:
                > It worked in 5163
                > however the program is not giving the animal companion it's "bonus" tricks that they get.
                > John
                >
                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@...> wrote:
                >> Let me know. I won't be able to test this till later tonight.
                >> --
                >> Andrew

                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              • balingar
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
                  PCGEN - 5163
                  Using only 3.5 RSRD Source
                  I just created a new Ranger level 8/NG/Human
                  15 in all stats
                  Selected Monitor Lizard as Animal Companion.
                  After loading the Animal's "sheet" I went to it's class abilities and can only select 3 Tricks.
                  A monitor lizard has a 1 INT so normaly it could only learn 3 tricks, but as an animal companion it get bonus tricks above and beyond what it can normaly learn.

                  Thanks,
                  John
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
                    Hi John,

                    First off, please start a new thread when you have a new topic. Otherwise you confuse the poor
                    monkeys that monitor the threads.

                    Ugh, I could've sworn that was working. I'll take a quick peek. Does the Pathfinder equivalent work
                    for you?

                    Second thing, this is technically a bug report and those should be reported on the main list. This
                    list is for help coding up homebrew items. If you are reporting a bug it's also best to include
                    [Bug] in the subject line. That attracts the attention of the tracker monkeys and the Monkeys that
                    review bugs. (I know, I tend to do all of those things, so people don't realize we have others that
                    specifically focus on one of those areas).

                    On 9/7/2010 8:27 AM, balingar wrote:
                    > PCGEN - 5163
                    > Using only 3.5 RSRD Source
                    > I just created a new Ranger level 8/NG/Human
                    > 15 in all stats
                    > Selected Monitor Lizard as Animal Companion.
                    > After loading the Animal's "sheet" I went to it's class abilities and can only select 3 Tricks.
                    > A monitor lizard has a 1 INT so normaly it could only learn 3 tricks, but as an animal companion it get bonus tricks above and beyond what it can normaly learn.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > John

                    Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
                      Okay. I'll be investigating these issues in a bit.

                       --
                      Andrew

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
                        Testing in trunk - works as expected.