Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: New Feat

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
      Okay, so we have an issue somewhere:

      El Lizardo is -3 to the Effective Level
      Ranger Is Level 6 with the +3 boost, so El Lizardo should be at 3rd level on the
      chart.

      Now, correct me if I'm wrong - does the lizard work fine when you are 8th level
      without the Feat?

      8 /2 = 4 with Lizard 1

      I'm wondering if it's a Feat issue, LST Issue, or Code issue.

      Which version of PCGen are you using?

       --
      Andrew

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
        PCGEN 5.16
        using 3.5 RSRD

        Okay @ 8th level, No "NewFeat" and all looks right.
        Now @ 12th level, No "NewFeat" and when I select "Update from Master" on the Lizard it give the lizard 4 more HD. It should Only get 2 more HD. hmmm

        I built a brand new ranger... made him 8th level... slected monitor lizard as animal companion...all good.
        added 4 levels to level 12, Companion should now be (6 - 3) 3rd level on the chart. when updating from master it gives the lizard 4 HD not 2.
      • balingar
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
          PcGen 5162
          I will try all this in 5163

          > Okay, so we have an issue somewhere:
          >
          > El Lizardo is -3 to the Effective Level
          > Ranger Is Level 6 with the +3 boost, so El Lizardo should be at 3rd level on the
          > chart.
          >
          > Now, correct me if I'm wrong - does the lizard work fine when you are 8th level
          > without the Feat?
          >
          > 8 /2 = 4 with Lizard 1
          >
          > I'm wondering if it's a Feat issue, LST Issue, or Code issue.
          >
          > Which version of PCGen are you using?
          >
          >  --
          > Andrew
          >

          > ________________________________

        • balingar
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
            Seems to work in 5163.

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
              Let me know. I won't be able to test this till later tonight.
               --
              Andrew

              ________________________________
              > Ranger Is Level 6 with the +3 boost, so El Lizardo should be at 3rd level on
              >the
              >
              > chart.
              >
              > Now, correct me if I'm wrong - does the lizard work fine when you are 8th level
              >
              > without the Feat?
              >
              > 8 /2 = 4 with Lizard 1
              >
              > I'm wondering if it's a Feat issue, LST Issue, or Code issue.
              >
              > Which version of PCGen are you using?
              >
              >  --
              > Andrew
              >

              > ________________________________

            • balingar
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
                It worked in 5163
                however the program is not giving the animal companion it's "bonus" tricks that they get.
                John

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 4, 2010

                  *Sigh* It's going to be one of those days huh?

                  Okay, so it works in 5.16.3, but now the Bonus Tricks aren't working.

                  Which Data Sets are you loading? I hate to investigate the wrong sets.

                  In fact, let's do this step by step

                  What is the main character, and then what animal are you loading

                  I want Alignment, Race, Classes(s) and Levels
                  Stats are appreciated.

                  And then the Animal, is there anything different then the base items?

                  I'll try and get on this tonight before I head to bed.

                  On 9/3/2010 3:06 PM, balingar wrote:
                  > It worked in 5163
                  > however the program is not giving the animal companion it's "bonus" tricks that they get.
                  > John
                  >
                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland<drew0500@...> wrote:
                  >> Let me know. I won't be able to test this till later tonight.
                  >> --
                  >> Andrew

                  Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                • balingar
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
                    PCGEN - 5163
                    Using only 3.5 RSRD Source
                    I just created a new Ranger level 8/NG/Human
                    15 in all stats
                    Selected Monitor Lizard as Animal Companion.
                    After loading the Animal's "sheet" I went to it's class abilities and can only select 3 Tricks.
                    A monitor lizard has a 1 INT so normaly it could only learn 3 tricks, but as an animal companion it get bonus tricks above and beyond what it can normaly learn.

                    Thanks,
                    John
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 7, 2010
                      Hi John,

                      First off, please start a new thread when you have a new topic. Otherwise you confuse the poor
                      monkeys that monitor the threads.

                      Ugh, I could've sworn that was working. I'll take a quick peek. Does the Pathfinder equivalent work
                      for you?

                      Second thing, this is technically a bug report and those should be reported on the main list. This
                      list is for help coding up homebrew items. If you are reporting a bug it's also best to include
                      [Bug] in the subject line. That attracts the attention of the tracker monkeys and the Monkeys that
                      review bugs. (I know, I tend to do all of those things, so people don't realize we have others that
                      specifically focus on one of those areas).

                      On 9/7/2010 8:27 AM, balingar wrote:
                      > PCGEN - 5163
                      > Using only 3.5 RSRD Source
                      > I just created a new Ranger level 8/NG/Human
                      > 15 in all stats
                      > Selected Monitor Lizard as Animal Companion.
                      > After loading the Animal's "sheet" I went to it's class abilities and can only select 3 Tricks.
                      > A monitor lizard has a 1 INT so normaly it could only learn 3 tricks, but as an animal companion it get bonus tricks above and beyond what it can normaly learn.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      > John

                      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
                        Okay. I'll be investigating these issues in a bit.

                         --
                        Andrew

                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 8, 2010
                          Testing in trunk - works as expected.