Conditional skills question

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31, 2010
      I realize that you can't drive me crazy since I am close enough to walk,
      but this one has me stumped.. Someone please put me out of my misery and
      tell me what I am doing wrong....

      PCGen 5.16.3RC2, Pathfinder data sets

      Case 1)
      Conditional skill.lst
      Handle Animal (Animal Companion)
      KEYSTAT:CHA
      USEUNTRAINED:NO
      CLASSES:ALL
      TYPE:SkillUse
      VISIBLE:EXPORT

      Handle Animal.MOD <>
      BONUS:SKILL|Handle Animal (Animal Companion)|SKILL.Handle Animal.MISC <>
      BONUS:SKILLRANK|Handle Animal (Animal Companion)|SKILLRANK=Handle
      Animal|TYPE=SkillGranted|PRERULE:1,DISPLAYSKILLUSE|PREVARNEQ:var("SKILL.Handle
      Animal (Animal Companion).MISC"),var("SKILL.Handle Animal.MISC") <>
      BONUS:SKILL|Handle Animal (Animal
      Companion)|4|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Nature's Bond ~
      Animal Companion,Companion ~ Hunter's Bond

      This works. Ranger 4 or Druid 1 that choses an Animal Companion has the
      "Handle Animal (Animal Companion) +x in the Skill list

      Case 2)
      Knowledge (Nature Mwangi Expanse)
      KEYSTAT:INT
      USEUNTRAINED:NO
      CLASSES:ALL
      TYPE:SkillUse
      VISIBLE:EXPORT

      Knowledge (Nature).MOD <>
      BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Nature Mwangi Expanse)|SKILL.Knowledge
      (Nature).MISC <>
      BONUS:SKILLRANK|Knowledge (Nature Mwangi Expanse)|SKILLRANK=Knowledge
      (Nature)|TYPE=SkillGranted|PRERULE:1,DISPLAYSKILLUSE|PREVARNEQ:var("SKILL.Knowledge
      (Nature Mwangi Expanse).MISC"),var("SKILL.Knowledge (Nature).MISC") <>
      BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Nature Mwangi
      Expanse)|2|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Boarded in Cheliax

      This doesn't work, and the Trait (Boarded in Cheliax) is chosen.

      Boarded in Cheliax
      CATEGORY:Special Ability
      TYPE:Trait.CampaignTrait
      [lots of other stuff that works]

      ??? Help ???
      --

      David
      Papa.DRB

      Grognard (definition 1)
      My better half and me
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 11, 2010
        *Bump*

        On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 9:36 PM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:

        > I realize that you can't drive me crazy since I am close enough to walk,
        > but this one has me stumped.. Someone please put me out of my misery and
        > tell me what I am doing wrong....
        >
        > PCGen 5.16.3RC2, Pathfinder data sets
        >
        > Case 1)
        > Conditional skill.lst
        > Handle Animal (Animal Companion)
        > KEYSTAT:CHA
        > USEUNTRAINED:NO
        > CLASSES:ALL
        > TYPE:SkillUse
        > VISIBLE:EXPORT
        >
        > Handle Animal.MOD <>
        > BONUS:SKILL|Handle Animal (Animal Companion)|SKILL.Handle Animal.MISC <>
        > BONUS:SKILLRANK|Handle Animal (Animal Companion)|SKILLRANK=Handle
        > Animal|TYPE=SkillGranted|PRERULE:1,DISPLAYSKILLUSE|PREVARNEQ:var("SKILL.Handle
        >
        > Animal (Animal Companion).MISC"),var("SKILL.Handle Animal.MISC") <>
        > BONUS:SKILL|Handle Animal (Animal
        > Companion)|4|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Nature's Bond ~
        > Animal Companion,Companion ~ Hunter's Bond
        >
        > This works. Ranger 4 or Druid 1 that choses an Animal Companion has the
        > "Handle Animal (Animal Companion) +x in the Skill list
        >
        > Case 2)
        > Knowledge (Nature Mwangi Expanse)
        > KEYSTAT:INT
        > USEUNTRAINED:NO
        > CLASSES:ALL
        > TYPE:SkillUse
        > VISIBLE:EXPORT
        >
        > Knowledge (Nature).MOD <>
        > BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Nature Mwangi Expanse)|SKILL.Knowledge
        > (Nature).MISC <>
        > BONUS:SKILLRANK|Knowledge (Nature Mwangi Expanse)|SKILLRANK=Knowledge
        > (Nature)|TYPE=SkillGranted|PRERULE:1,DISPLAYSKILLUSE|PREVARNEQ:var("SKILL.Knowledge
        >
        > (Nature Mwangi Expanse).MISC"),var("SKILL.Knowledge (Nature).MISC") <>
        > BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Nature Mwangi
        > Expanse)|2|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Boarded in Cheliax
        >
        > This doesn't work, and the Trait (Boarded in Cheliax) is chosen.
        >
        > Boarded in Cheliax
        > CATEGORY:Special Ability
        > TYPE:Trait.CampaignTrait
        > [lots of other stuff that works]
        >
        > ??? Help ???
        > --
        >
        > David
        > Papa.DRB
        >
        > Grognard (definition 1)
        > My better half and me

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 23, 2010
          Hi David,

          Did you get this resolved?

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 23, 2010
            Martijn,

            No, I have not gotten this to work, and just got back late last night
            (well, actually early this morning) from two weeks vacation with no
            phone / internet access (YEA!!!!). I'll look some more during the coming
            week. I *think* that it is related to changing the name when the name
            already has ()'s in it, but I can't read Java code so I could be
            completely off.

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard (definition 1)
            My better half and me

            On 8/23/2010 11:01 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
            > Hi David,
            >
            > Did you get this resolved?

            > On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Martijn Verburg
            > <martijnverburg@...>wrote:
            >
            >> *Bump*
            >>

            >> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 9:36 PM, David R. Bender<Papa.DRB@...>wrote:
            >>

            >>> I realize that you can't drive me crazy since I am close enough to walk,
            >>> but this one has me stumped.. Someone please put me out of my misery and
            >>> tell me what I am doing wrong....
            >>>
            >>> PCGen 5.16.3RC2, Pathfinder data sets
            >>>
            >>> Case 1)
            >>> Conditional skill.lst
            >>> Handle Animal (Animal Companion)
            >>> KEYSTAT:CHA
            >>> USEUNTRAINED:NO
            >>> CLASSES:ALL
            >>> TYPE:SkillUse
            >>> VISIBLE:EXPORT
            >>>
            >>> Handle Animal.MOD<>
            >>> BONUS:SKILL|Handle Animal (Animal Companion)|SKILL.Handle Animal.MISC<>
            >>> BONUS:SKILLRANK|Handle Animal (Animal Companion)|SKILLRANK=Handle
            >>> Animal|TYPE=SkillGranted|PRERULE:1,DISPLAYSKILLUSE|PREVARNEQ:var("SKILL.Handle
            >>>
            >>> Animal (Animal Companion).MISC"),var("SKILL.Handle Animal.MISC")<>
            >>> BONUS:SKILL|Handle Animal (Animal
            >>> Companion)|4|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Nature's Bond ~
            >>> Animal Companion,Companion ~ Hunter's Bond
            >>>
            >>> This works. Ranger 4 or Druid 1 that choses an Animal Companion has the
            >>> "Handle Animal (Animal Companion) +x in the Skill list
            >>>
            >>> Case 2)
            >>> Knowledge (Nature Mwangi Expanse)
            >>> KEYSTAT:INT
            >>> USEUNTRAINED:NO
            >>> CLASSES:ALL
            >>> TYPE:SkillUse
            >>> VISIBLE:EXPORT
            >>>
            >>> Knowledge (Nature).MOD<>
            >>> BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Nature Mwangi Expanse)|SKILL.Knowledge
            >>> (Nature).MISC<>
            >>> BONUS:SKILLRANK|Knowledge (Nature Mwangi Expanse)|SKILLRANK=Knowledge
            >>> (Nature)|TYPE=SkillGranted|PRERULE:1,DISPLAYSKILLUSE|PREVARNEQ:var("SKILL.Knowledge
            >>>
            >>> (Nature Mwangi Expanse).MISC"),var("SKILL.Knowledge (Nature).MISC")<>
            >>> BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Nature Mwangi
            >>> Expanse)|2|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Boarded in Cheliax
            >>>
            >>> This doesn't work, and the Trait (Boarded in Cheliax) is chosen.
            >>>
            >>> Boarded in Cheliax
            >>> CATEGORY:Special Ability
            >>> TYPE:Trait.CampaignTrait
            >>> [lots of other stuff that works]
            >>>
            >>> ??? Help ???
            >>> --
            >>>
            >>> David
            >>> Papa.DRB
          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 23, 2010
              I've just into the same problem when coding up the Serpent's Skull Player's
              Guide. It seems the problem is that tags to retrieve skill info work in weird
              ways when using skills with parentheses in the name. The docs say that curly
              braces should be used in this case in sthe names insteat of the parentheses in
              calculations, but I didn't get it to work yet either.

              Stefan.

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 23, 2010
                I think I've gotten this to work. Let me check my stuff when I get home.
                 --
                Andrew

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 23, 2010
                  Hi,

                  I think what people are mentioning is the Master Skill is using the Parenthesis, if that's the case,
                  then a quick look shows I'm not doing it, at least not in my master list. I'll need to check my
                  secondary list, i.e. psychic skills and misc. stuff if I did this and if it still works.

                  Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                • David R. Bender
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 26, 2010
                    Hot Dang, and **THANK YOU** Andrew. He found a LST way to implement this:

                    Knowledge (Nature/Mwangi Expanse)
                    KEYSTAT:INT
                    USEUNTRAINED:NO
                    CLASSES:ALL
                    TYPE:SkillUse
                    VISIBLE:EXPORT
                    SOURCEPAGE:p.x

                    Knowledge (Nature).MOD
                    BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Nature/Mwangi Expanse)|var("SKILL.Knowledge
                    (Nature).MISC") <>
                    BONUS:SKILLRANK|Knowledge (Nature/Mwangi
                    Expanse)|skillinfo("TOTALRANK","Knowledge
                    (Nature)")|TYPE=SkillGranted|PRERULE:1,DISPLAYSKILLUSE|PREVARNEQ:skillinfo("MODIFIER","Knowledge
                    (Nature/Mwangi Expanse)"),skillinfo("MODIFIER","Knowledge (Nature)")

                    David
                    Papa.DRB

                    Grognard (definition 1)
                    My better half and me

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 26, 2010
                      Hi,

                      You're welcome David.

                      On 8/26/2010 2:26 PM, David R. Bender wrote:
                      > Hot Dang, and **THANK YOU** Andrew. He found a LST way to implement this:
                      >
                      > Knowledge (Nature/Mwangi Expanse)
                      > KEYSTAT:INT
                      > USEUNTRAINED:NO
                      > CLASSES:ALL
                      > TYPE:SkillUse
                      > VISIBLE:EXPORT
                      > SOURCEPAGE:p.x
                      >
                      > Knowledge (Nature).MOD
                      > BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Nature/Mwangi Expanse)|var("SKILL.Knowledge
                      > (Nature).MISC")<>
                      > BONUS:SKILLRANK|Knowledge (Nature/Mwangi
                      > Expanse)|skillinfo("TOTALRANK","Knowledge
                      > (Nature)")|TYPE=SkillGranted|PRERULE:1,DISPLAYSKILLUSE|PREVARNEQ:skillinfo("MODIFIER","Knowledge
                      > (Nature/Mwangi Expanse)"),skillinfo("MODIFIER","Knowledge (Nature)")
                      >
                      > David
                      > Papa.DRB
                      >
                      > Grognard (definition 1)
                      > My better half and me
                      >
                      > On 8/24/2010 2:11 AM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                      >> Hi,
                      >>
                      >> I think what people are mentioning is the Master Skill is using the Parenthesis, if that's the case,
                      >> then a quick look shows I'm not doing it, at least not in my master list. I'll need to check my
                      >> secondary list, i.e. psychic skills and misc. stuff if I did this and if it still works.
                      >>

                      >> On 8/23/2010 9:57 AM, Andrew Maitland wrote:
                      >>> I think I've gotten this to work. Let me check my stuff when I get home.
                      >>> --
                      >>> Andrew

                      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin