Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Coding ammo

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010

      That would be a bit of an issue. Range is set by the Weapon usually, not
      the ammo in the rules. In order to implement this, you'll need to create
      a Weapon for each Ammo version that has the correct range.

      Cheers,

      On 6/2/2010 7:58 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
      > How would I code ammunition that has different damage and range increments, depending on the weapon it is fired from?

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • Caleb Ulfers
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2010
        The ammo's range is listed in the book (btw, it's a closed content book) as "as weapon", meaning the range is the same as the weapon (so I suppose I could leave the RANGE tag out in those cases). On the other hand, there is an arrow which increases the range increment of the bow that it is fired from by 25 feet. How would I do that? (btw, is damage also set by the weapon?)

        To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
        From: drew0500@...
        Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:39:32 -0700
        Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Coding ammo

        Hi,

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2010

          Sounds like this is a case-by-case basis then. If you are using PCGen at
          the table and using it to change Ammo and such, then I could see adding
          a BONUS tag for the Range and using a PREAPPLY.

          BONUS:RANGEADD|PROJECTILE|25|PREAPPLY:PC

          Note: That will change the RANGE across the board for every weapon;
          hence my earlier comment to code up the Weapons for each Ammo type if
          the range was different.

          If it's for a printed character sheet, I'd simply note the extended
          range on the Ammo in the equipment section. Or do as I suggested and
          make another Ranged Weapon for that particular Range. Longbow and then
          Longbow (Special Ammo).

          Cheers,

          On 6/3/2010 9:01 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
          > The ammo's range is listed in the book (btw, it's a closed content book) as "as weapon", meaning the range is the same as the weapon (so I suppose I could leave the RANGE tag out in those cases). On the other hand, there is an arrow which increases the range increment of the bow that it is fired from by 25 feet. How would I do that? (btw, is damage also set by the weapon?)
          >
          > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
          > From: drew0500@...
          > Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:39:32 -0700
          > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Coding ammo

          > Hi,
          >

          > That would be a bit of an issue. Range is set by the Weapon usually, not
          >
          > the ammo in the rules. In order to implement this, you'll need to create
          >
          > a Weapon for each Ammo version that has the correct range.
          >

          > Cheers,
          >

          > On 6/2/2010 7:58 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
          >

          >> How would I code ammunition that has different damage and range increments, depending on the weapon it is fired from?

          >> The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail.
          >>

          >> http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        • Caleb Ulfers
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2010
            I'm not increasing the range of a weapon outright; I'm making an arrow which adds 25ft to the range increment of whatever bow is used to fire it. (But I think your suggestion might work just as well.)

            To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
            From: drew0500@...
            Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 11:51:13 -0700

            Hi,

            Sounds like this is a case-by-case basis then. If you are using PCGen at

            the table and using it to change Ammo and such, then I could see adding

            a BONUS tag for the Range and using a PREAPPLY.

            BONUS:RANGEADD|PROJECTILE|25|PREAPPLY:PC

            Note: That will change the RANGE across the board for every weapon;

            hence my earlier comment to code up the Weapons for each Ammo type if

            the range was different.

            If it's for a printed character sheet, I'd simply note the extended

            range on the Ammo in the equipment section. Or do as I suggested and

            make another Ranged Weapon for that particular Range. Longbow and then

            Longbow (Special Ammo).

            Cheers,

            On 6/3/2010 9:01 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

            > The ammo's range is listed in the book (btw, it's a closed content book) as "as weapon", meaning the range is the same as the weapon (so I suppose I could leave the RANGE tag out in those cases). On the other hand, there is an arrow which increases the range increment of the bow that it is fired from by 25 feet. How would I do that? (btw, is damage also set by the weapon?)

            > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

            > From: drew0500@...

            > Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:39:32 -0700

            > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Coding ammo

            > Hi,

            > That would be a bit of an issue. Range is set by the Weapon usually, not

            > the ammo in the rules. In order to implement this, you'll need to create

            > a Weapon for each Ammo version that has the correct range.

            > Cheers,

            > On 6/2/2010 7:58 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

            >> How would I code ammunition that has different damage and range increments, depending on the weapon it is fired from?

            >> The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail.

            >> http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5

            >> Yahoo! Groups Links

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin