Coding ammo

  • Caleb Ulfers
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
      How would I code ammunition that has different damage and range increments, depending on the weapon it is fired from?
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2010
        Hi,

        That would be a bit of an issue. Range is set by the Weapon usually, not
        the ammo in the rules. In order to implement this, you'll need to create
        a Weapon for each Ammo version that has the correct range.

        Cheers,

        On 6/2/2010 7:58 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
        > How would I code ammunition that has different damage and range increments, depending on the weapon it is fired from?

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • Caleb Ulfers
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2010
          The ammo's range is listed in the book (btw, it's a closed content book) as "as weapon", meaning the range is the same as the weapon (so I suppose I could leave the RANGE tag out in those cases). On the other hand, there is an arrow which increases the range increment of the bow that it is fired from by 25 feet. How would I do that? (btw, is damage also set by the weapon?)

          To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
          From: drew0500@...
          Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:39:32 -0700
          Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Coding ammo

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2010
            Hi,

            Sounds like this is a case-by-case basis then. If you are using PCGen at
            the table and using it to change Ammo and such, then I could see adding
            a BONUS tag for the Range and using a PREAPPLY.

            BONUS:RANGEADD|PROJECTILE|25|PREAPPLY:PC

            Note: That will change the RANGE across the board for every weapon;
            hence my earlier comment to code up the Weapons for each Ammo type if
            the range was different.

            If it's for a printed character sheet, I'd simply note the extended
            range on the Ammo in the equipment section. Or do as I suggested and
            make another Ranged Weapon for that particular Range. Longbow and then
            Longbow (Special Ammo).

            Cheers,

            On 6/3/2010 9:01 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
            > The ammo's range is listed in the book (btw, it's a closed content book) as "as weapon", meaning the range is the same as the weapon (so I suppose I could leave the RANGE tag out in those cases). On the other hand, there is an arrow which increases the range increment of the bow that it is fired from by 25 feet. How would I do that? (btw, is damage also set by the weapon?)
            >
            > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
            > From: drew0500@...
            > Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:39:32 -0700
            > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Coding ammo

            > Hi,
            >

            > That would be a bit of an issue. Range is set by the Weapon usually, not
            >
            > the ammo in the rules. In order to implement this, you'll need to create
            >
            > a Weapon for each Ammo version that has the correct range.
            >

            > Cheers,
            >

            > On 6/2/2010 7:58 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
            >

            >> How would I code ammunition that has different damage and range increments, depending on the weapon it is fired from?

            >> The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail.
            >>

            >> http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          • Caleb Ulfers
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2010
              I'm not increasing the range of a weapon outright; I'm making an arrow which adds 25ft to the range increment of whatever bow is used to fire it. (But I think your suggestion might work just as well.)

              To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
              From: drew0500@...
              Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 11:51:13 -0700

              Hi,

              Sounds like this is a case-by-case basis then. If you are using PCGen at

              the table and using it to change Ammo and such, then I could see adding

              a BONUS tag for the Range and using a PREAPPLY.

              BONUS:RANGEADD|PROJECTILE|25|PREAPPLY:PC

              Note: That will change the RANGE across the board for every weapon;

              hence my earlier comment to code up the Weapons for each Ammo type if

              the range was different.

              If it's for a printed character sheet, I'd simply note the extended

              range on the Ammo in the equipment section. Or do as I suggested and

              make another Ranged Weapon for that particular Range. Longbow and then

              Longbow (Special Ammo).

              Cheers,

              On 6/3/2010 9:01 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

              > The ammo's range is listed in the book (btw, it's a closed content book) as "as weapon", meaning the range is the same as the weapon (so I suppose I could leave the RANGE tag out in those cases). On the other hand, there is an arrow which increases the range increment of the bow that it is fired from by 25 feet. How would I do that? (btw, is damage also set by the weapon?)

              > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

              > From: drew0500@...

              > Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 20:39:32 -0700

              > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Coding ammo

              > Hi,

              > That would be a bit of an issue. Range is set by the Weapon usually, not

              > the ammo in the rules. In order to implement this, you'll need to create

              > a Weapon for each Ammo version that has the correct range.

              > Cheers,

              > On 6/2/2010 7:58 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:

              >> How would I code ammunition that has different damage and range increments, depending on the weapon it is fired from?

              >> The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail.

              >> http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5

              >> Yahoo! Groups Links

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin