How PCGen Codes Prerequisites (was Re: Custom Data Upgrade Help for 5.16.2 to )

  • thpr
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 1, 2010
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@...> wrote:
      > I just think it would be more uniform and flexible if all prerequisites could be handled with a single
      >
      > PREQUISITE(boolean expression)
      >
      > tag.

      For the moment, the PRExxx tokens are still the "old" style tokens (meaning there is less error checking among other things). That difference alone makes considering something like this a future project. While I'm not sure of the syntax, the concept (of a boolean PRE) isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

      TP.
    • thpr
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 1, 2010
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@...> wrote:

        > It sounds like all the problem is in my feats.lst file. Does "95Test103" mean anything, such as "the error is in line 95"?

        Yes, it should be line 95. I should clean up the name to be more meaningful.

        the 103 means it's item 103 to be converted, but keep in mind that each tab separates an item, so 4 tabs will result in 3 "items" in the "empty space" between those tabs... so the 103 is probably a bit meaningless (or hard to trace)...

        TP.
      • thpr
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 1, 2010
          Actually I just looked and this is a code bug in how it is delegated to the "new" token.

          TP.

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@...> wrote:

          > OK, I sort of understand now.
          >
          > I attempted to only convert my custom files and got the following messages:
          >
          > file:/C:/Program%20Files/PCGen/PCGen5173/data/customsources/35e/marksworld%203.5/allencohn_feats.lst
          > LSTWARN CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF has been deprecated,please use CHOOSE:SHIELDPROFICIENCY|EQUIPMENT[x]
          > LSTERROR Illegal SHIELDPROF subtoken 'SHIELDPROFICIENCY' 'EQUIPMENT[TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy]' for 95Test103
          > LSTERROR Failed in parsing subtoken: SHIELDPROF of TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy
          > LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'SHIELDPROF' 'TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy' for 95Test103
          > LSTERROR CHOOSE:RACE not compatible
          > LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE' 'SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy' for pcgen.core.Ability 95Test103
          > SEVERE Unable to unparse: CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy
          >
          > Conversion complete, press next button to finish...
          >
          > It sounds like all the problem is in my feats.lst file. Does "95Test103" mean anything, such as "the error is in line 95"?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Allen
          >

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@> wrote:
          > >
          > > batch-covert.jar is the correct item.
          > >
          > > You don't covert by directory, you covert by campaigns (aka data set name the pcc has). If you should do them a couple at a time, unless you are giving the converter enough memory to work with.
          > >
          > > Try again without all the campaigns set or an entire directory and just do a few at a time and it should work much easier for you.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > >
          > > --
          > > Andrew

        • Allen C
          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 1, 2010
            Thanks for your note, but I don't quite understand...

            Do you mean code bug in my LST file, in PCGen, or in the conversion program?

            Many thanks,
            Allen

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@...> wrote:

            > Actually I just looked and this is a code bug in how it is delegated to the "new" token.
            >
            > TP.
            >
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@> wrote:
            > >
            > > OK, I sort of understand now.
            > >
            > > I attempted to only convert my custom files and got the following messages:
            > >
            > > file:/C:/Program%20Files/PCGen/PCGen5173/data/customsources/35e/marksworld%203.5/allencohn_feats.lst
            > > LSTWARN CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF has been deprecated,please use CHOOSE:SHIELDPROFICIENCY|EQUIPMENT[x]
            > > LSTERROR Illegal SHIELDPROF subtoken 'SHIELDPROFICIENCY' 'EQUIPMENT[TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy]' for 95Test103
            > > LSTERROR Failed in parsing subtoken: SHIELDPROF of TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy
            > > LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'SHIELDPROF' 'TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy' for 95Test103
            > > LSTERROR CHOOSE:RACE not compatible
            > > LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE' 'SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy' for pcgen.core.Ability 95Test103
            > > SEVERE Unable to unparse: CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy
            > >
            > > Conversion complete, press next button to finish...
            > >
            > > It sounds like all the problem is in my feats.lst file. Does "95Test103" mean anything, such as "the error is in line 95"?
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Allen

          • thpr
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 2, 2010
              Code bug in PCGen which also impacts the converter. I fixed it last night, and will be available in 5.17.4

              TP.

              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for your note, but I don't quite understand...
              >
              > Do you mean code bug in my LST file, in PCGen, or in the conversion program?
              >
              > Many thanks,
              > Allen
              >
              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Actually I just looked and this is a code bug in how it is delegated to the "new" token.
              > >
              > > TP.
              > >
              > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > OK, I sort of understand now.
              > > >
              > > > I attempted to only convert my custom files and got the following messages:
              > > >
              > > > file:/C:/Program%20Files/PCGen/PCGen5173/data/customsources/35e/marksworld%203.5/allencohn_feats.lst
              > > > LSTWARN CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF has been deprecated,please use CHOOSE:SHIELDPROFICIENCY|EQUIPMENT[x]
              > > > LSTERROR Illegal SHIELDPROF subtoken 'SHIELDPROFICIENCY' 'EQUIPMENT[TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy]' for 95Test103
              > > > LSTERROR Failed in parsing subtoken: SHIELDPROF of TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy
              > > > LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'SHIELDPROF' 'TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy' for 95Test103
              > > > LSTERROR CHOOSE:RACE not compatible
              > > > LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE' 'SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy' for pcgen.core.Ability 95Test103
              > > > SEVERE Unable to unparse: CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy
              > > >
              > > > Conversion complete, press next button to finish...
              > > >
              > > > It sounds like all the problem is in my feats.lst file. Does "95Test103" mean anything, such as "the error is in line 95"?
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > > Allen

            • Allen C
              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 2, 2010