Re: Custom Data Upgrade Help for 5.16.2 to 5.17.3

  • thpr
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 1 6:32 PM
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@...> wrote:
      > PPS: I noticed that this tag uses commas as AND operators and pipes as OR operators. As an occasional LST coder I find that so confusing because pipes are often delimitors (even in the very same tag!). And I vaguely recall that commas sometimes serve that function, too.

      Unfortunately, we had few choices. The problem is we don't have a data converter that can convert existing PCs (to change things like object names).

      While that is something we can work toward, we need that in order to make the changes necessary to add more reserved characters. Without that work, we are stuck with the characters we have reserved in the past, and given that [] . and = are used as well in various places in CHOOSE, there wasn't much left...

      I'd like to get to a more sensible syntax, and we may get there in the future, but one step at a time.

      TP.
    • thpr
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 1 6:35 PM
        Interesting catch.

        CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF never worked in previous versions of PCGen, so no attempt was made to convert them automatically... primarily because there as no real restriction as to the syntax or definition of "what worked". I'm surprised any data has it.

        The SHIELDTYPE= thing Andrew refers to is actually from AUTO:SHIELDPROF, not CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF.

        TP.

        > The conversion finished, and those are the issues it found.
        >
        > CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Light
        >
        > It's saying that's invalid, going strictly by memory, I think this is the correct method
        >
        > CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF|SHIELDTYPE=Light
        >
        > 95test103 is the name of the Ability where it's finding the issue.
        >
        > Mind you, the new syntax would be
        >
        > CHOOSE:SHIELDPROFICIENCY
        >
        > See the wiki for the new options.

      • thpr
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 1 6:37 PM
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@...> wrote:
          > I just think it would be more uniform and flexible if all prerequisites could be handled with a single
          >
          > PREQUISITE(boolean expression)
          >
          > tag.

          For the moment, the PRExxx tokens are still the "old" style tokens (meaning there is less error checking among other things). That difference alone makes considering something like this a future project. While I'm not sure of the syntax, the concept (of a boolean PRE) isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

          TP.
        • thpr
          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 1 6:45 PM
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@...> wrote:

            > It sounds like all the problem is in my feats.lst file. Does "95Test103" mean anything, such as "the error is in line 95"?

            Yes, it should be line 95. I should clean up the name to be more meaningful.

            the 103 means it's item 103 to be converted, but keep in mind that each tab separates an item, so 4 tabs will result in 3 "items" in the "empty space" between those tabs... so the 103 is probably a bit meaningless (or hard to trace)...

            TP.
          • thpr
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 1 6:53 PM
              Actually I just looked and this is a code bug in how it is delegated to the "new" token.

              TP.

              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@...> wrote:

              > OK, I sort of understand now.
              >
              > I attempted to only convert my custom files and got the following messages:
              >
              > file:/C:/Program%20Files/PCGen/PCGen5173/data/customsources/35e/marksworld%203.5/allencohn_feats.lst
              > LSTWARN CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF has been deprecated,please use CHOOSE:SHIELDPROFICIENCY|EQUIPMENT[x]
              > LSTERROR Illegal SHIELDPROF subtoken 'SHIELDPROFICIENCY' 'EQUIPMENT[TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy]' for 95Test103
              > LSTERROR Failed in parsing subtoken: SHIELDPROF of TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy
              > LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'SHIELDPROF' 'TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy' for 95Test103
              > LSTERROR CHOOSE:RACE not compatible
              > LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE' 'SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy' for pcgen.core.Ability 95Test103
              > SEVERE Unable to unparse: CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy
              >
              > Conversion complete, press next button to finish...
              >
              > It sounds like all the problem is in my feats.lst file. Does "95Test103" mean anything, such as "the error is in line 95"?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Allen
              >

              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@> wrote:
              > >
              > > batch-covert.jar is the correct item.
              > >
              > > You don't covert by directory, you covert by campaigns (aka data set name the pcc has). If you should do them a couple at a time, unless you are giving the converter enough memory to work with.
              > >
              > > Try again without all the campaigns set or an entire directory and just do a few at a time and it should work much easier for you.
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > >
              > > --
              > > Andrew

            • Allen C
              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 1 11:42 PM
                Thanks for your note, but I don't quite understand...

                Do you mean code bug in my LST file, in PCGen, or in the conversion program?

                Many thanks,
                Allen

                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@...> wrote:

                > Actually I just looked and this is a code bug in how it is delegated to the "new" token.
                >
                > TP.
                >
                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@> wrote:
                > >
                > > OK, I sort of understand now.
                > >
                > > I attempted to only convert my custom files and got the following messages:
                > >
                > > file:/C:/Program%20Files/PCGen/PCGen5173/data/customsources/35e/marksworld%203.5/allencohn_feats.lst
                > > LSTWARN CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF has been deprecated,please use CHOOSE:SHIELDPROFICIENCY|EQUIPMENT[x]
                > > LSTERROR Illegal SHIELDPROF subtoken 'SHIELDPROFICIENCY' 'EQUIPMENT[TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy]' for 95Test103
                > > LSTERROR Failed in parsing subtoken: SHIELDPROF of TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy
                > > LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'SHIELDPROF' 'TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy' for 95Test103
                > > LSTERROR CHOOSE:RACE not compatible
                > > LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE' 'SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy' for pcgen.core.Ability 95Test103
                > > SEVERE Unable to unparse: CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy
                > >
                > > Conversion complete, press next button to finish...
                > >
                > > It sounds like all the problem is in my feats.lst file. Does "95Test103" mean anything, such as "the error is in line 95"?
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > Allen

              • thpr
                Message 7 of 26 , Jun 2 10:04 AM
                  Code bug in PCGen which also impacts the converter. I fixed it last night, and will be available in 5.17.4

                  TP.

                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks for your note, but I don't quite understand...
                  >
                  > Do you mean code bug in my LST file, in PCGen, or in the conversion program?
                  >
                  > Many thanks,
                  > Allen
                  >
                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > Actually I just looked and this is a code bug in how it is delegated to the "new" token.
                  > >
                  > > TP.
                  > >
                  > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Allen C" <allen@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > OK, I sort of understand now.
                  > > >
                  > > > I attempted to only convert my custom files and got the following messages:
                  > > >
                  > > > file:/C:/Program%20Files/PCGen/PCGen5173/data/customsources/35e/marksworld%203.5/allencohn_feats.lst
                  > > > LSTWARN CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF has been deprecated,please use CHOOSE:SHIELDPROFICIENCY|EQUIPMENT[x]
                  > > > LSTERROR Illegal SHIELDPROF subtoken 'SHIELDPROFICIENCY' 'EQUIPMENT[TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy]' for 95Test103
                  > > > LSTERROR Failed in parsing subtoken: SHIELDPROF of TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy
                  > > > LSTERROR Illegal CHOOSE subtoken 'SHIELDPROF' 'TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy' for 95Test103
                  > > > LSTERROR CHOOSE:RACE not compatible
                  > > > LSTERROR Illegal Token 'CHOOSE' 'SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy' for pcgen.core.Ability 95Test103
                  > > > SEVERE Unable to unparse: CHOOSE:SHIELDPROF|TYPE=Buckler|TYPE=Light|TYPE=Heavy
                  > > >
                  > > > Conversion complete, press next button to finish...
                  > > >
                  > > > It sounds like all the problem is in my feats.lst file. Does "95Test103" mean anything, such as "the error is in line 95"?
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks,
                  > > > Allen

                • Allen C
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jun 2 12:31 PM