Re: RESEND - Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] New at PCGen - already flailing

  • UnclePete
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2010
      Hi Scott,

      PCGen is an awesome gaming tool which you'll appreciate the more you use
      it. However, the learning curve is pretty brutal although mercifully short.

      Current versions of PCGen make it very easy to use the datasets, but you
      must ensure you have everything matched.

      I'd recommend PCGen 5.16.2 and the matching OoC (Out of Cycle) datasets
      which are available at
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Stable%20Datasets/

      When you've installed PCGen and downloaded the 5.16.2 datasets, go to
      the Tools menu, choose 'Install data' and browse to where you downloaded
      the dataset zip file (you don't need to extract it - PCGen does that).
      Answer the questions and you're done.

      Shut down PCGen and restart (just to be sure...) and choose the
      'Pathfinder Role Playing Game' as your setting.

      Regards - Pete