Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Need to access (maximum, arcane) casterlevel

    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2010

      Try this:

      DEFINE:PurgeUndeadLevel|0

      BONUS:VAR|PurgeUndeadLevel|var("TurnLevelUndead")

      That is the prettier way to put it together, you may omit the 'var("")'
      but it's better for organizing the + stuff. It's always best to DEFINE
      any var to 0.

      I don't know where you got 'CASTERLEVEL.Arcane', but that's not a true
      var as far as I know. Reason, no VAR is separated by a period '.'.
      CASTERLEVEL works exclusively in Spells for that particular class; it
      also works in PRECLASS: IIRC, which is where I think you got that
      particular variation.

      Closest known working code is ugly to put together, but you'd do it like
      this

      BONUS:VAR|PurgeUndeadLevel|charbonusto("CASTERLEVEL","Wizard")|TYPE=CasterLevel
      BONUS:VAR|PurgeUndeadLevel|charbonusto("CASTERLEVEL","Sorcerer")|TYPE=CasterLevel
      BONUS:VAR|PurgeUndeadLevel|charbonusto("CASTERLEVEL","Bard")|TYPE=CasterLevel

      repeat for every arcane class you employ. The TYPE=CasterLevel means
      you'll only get the Highest Value, the rest won't stack.

      Beyond that, I can't think of any easier method to get the highest
      caster level off the top of my head.

      On 5/24/2010 1:27 PM, herzogaldilkassach wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm in the process of coding up a prestige class, and one of the abilities is a special kind of Turn Undead.
      >
      > Basically, it deals 1d6 damage per 'effective' level, where the effective level is the sum of the Turn Undead level and the (highest) arcane caster level.
      >
      > I was looking through the rsrd code, and came to the conclusion it should be something like this:
      >
      > DEFINE:PurgeUndeadLevel|TurnLevelUndead+CASTERLEVEL.Arcane
      >
      > where the PurgeUndeadLevel variable is later used in the description.
      >
      > However, it does not work.
      > Although there may be other issues with my ability, I'd thought first to ask if this is at all possible.
      > (Note that the define above is part of the Ability that also includes the DESC using the ability, and the ability is added AUTOMATIC to the class)
      >
      > Other info:
      > PCGen 5.16.2
      > rsrd + homebrew datasets.

      PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin