CHOOSE:SPELLS -- for KNOWN, NO equals YES?

  • distant_scholar
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2010
      I've run into some difficulty while converting non-open material to Pathfinder. It might be a bug, but more likely it's me not knowing what I'm doing.

      Here is a line in my ability file:
      Supreme Spellitude
      CATEGORY:Special Ability
      TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary
      SELECT:1
      CHOOSE:SPELLS|ANY[KNOWN=NO]
      STACK:NO
      MULT:YES
      DESC:Your spellitude is made of supremeosity.
      SOURCEPAGE:Spellitivity of the Supremes

      When I use this, I get a choice of the spells I *do* know, rather than the ones I *don't* know (which is incorrect, yes?). If I change "NO" to "YES", I *still* get a choice of the spells I *do* know (which is correct). If I remove the [KNOWN=NO], I get a choice of all the spells (which is correct).

      I can get by with this, by making sure not to accidentally pick a spell I already know, but it'd be more convenient if the program could do that for me.

      I haven't found any way to actually add the chosen spell to the spell list, but I understand that this is a known missing feature (the Expanded Knowledge feat in the psionics section mentions this).
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2010
        Hi Folks,

        http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-30

        This would be a bug. Unconfirmed. Will need to test.

        On 5/7/2010 2:13 PM, distant_scholar wrote:
        > I've run into some difficulty while converting non-open material to Pathfinder. It might be a bug, but more likely it's me not knowing what I'm doing.
        >
        > Here is a line in my ability file:
        > Supreme Spellitude
        > CATEGORY:Special Ability
        > TYPE:SpecialQuality.Extraordinary
        > SELECT:1
        > CHOOSE:SPELLS|ANY[KNOWN=NO]
        > STACK:NO
        > MULT:YES
        > DESC:Your spellitude is made of supremeosity.
        > SOURCEPAGE:Spellitivity of the Supremes
        >
        > When I use this, I get a choice of the spells I*do* know, rather than the ones I*don't* know (which is incorrect, yes?). If I change "NO" to "YES", I*still* get a choice of the spells I*do* know (which is correct). If I remove the [KNOWN=NO], I get a choice of all the spells (which is correct).
        >
        > I can get by with this, by making sure not to accidentally pick a spell I already know, but it'd be more convenient if the program could do that for me.
        >
        > I haven't found any way to actually add the chosen spell to the spell list, but I understand that this is a known missing feature (the Expanded Knowledge feat in the psionics section mentions this).

        PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin